Chapter 78

~Riley's POV~

"No. There must be some kind of mistake." I cried.

"I'm sorry but this is no mistake. Sorry to wake you." the lady said before hanging up.

"Ross wake up." I cried.

"Babe, what's going on?"

"My parents are dead." I cried, going into his arms.

"What?!" he exclaimed.

"Their plane crashed and they didn't make it." I explained.

At that point, I started bawling. I couldn't help myself. My parents are gone. Forever. And then it hit me. Rowan and I could of been on that plane! I would be dead.

"I could of been on that plane." I cried.

"But you're not. You're here with me. I love you." Ross said, trying to comfort me.

"I need to go wake up Rowan." I said, getting out of bed.

I grabbed one of Ross' shirts and threw it over my head. I walked across the hall and into Rowans' room.

"Rowan, wake up." I said.

"What?" she mumbled.

"Mom and dad were in a plane crash. They're dead." I said, starting to cry again.

"What?!" Rowan yelled.

"We could be dead Rowan." I admitted.

"Don't talk about it." Rowan mumbled as she began to cry.

I sat by her and we held each other all night, crying about the deaths of our parents.

~Ross' POV~

¤The next morning¤

"Ri? Rowan?" I asked, knocking on the door.

Nobody answered so I went in and discovered Riley and Rowan asleep on the floor, old pictures scattered everywhere.

"Rossy?" Riley mumbled.

"Ya baby."

"Can you take me to my bed?" she asked.

"Sure."

I walked over to her and picked her up bridal style. Then I went across the hall and gently placed Riley on her bed. I then went back to Rowan and put her on her bed.

"You need anything?" I asked Riley once I returned to her room.

"Someone to hold me." she said with a smile.

"I think I'm the man for that." I said climbing back into her bed.

"I love you." Riley mumbled.

"I love too." I said before falling back asleep.

¤Later that day¤

Riley won't even talk to me. She's just been laying in her bed all day, starring at the ceiling. I try to talk to her but she just ignores me.

"Baby?" I said, trying to talk to her.

"What?" she answered.

"Why are you ignoring me?" I asked.

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Ross, my parents are dead. Who's going to walk me down the isle? My kids won't have grandparents from my side. You won't ever understand." she said, rolling over to the wall.

"I don't know who will walk you isle but I will be at the end waiting for you. Our kids will have my parents." I answered.

"Ross, please leave me alone." Riley demanded.

"I won't ever leave you because I'm here for you. So now, I would like to show you how much I love you."

¤

¤

Well then.

-Hanna♡