Chapter 2

~Riley's POV~

"Rydel, I love this color!" I said reacting to the purple color of converse that I spotted.

"Ri, I love them!" She responded.

I found my size and went to the counter to buy them. I was so going to wear these with the dress that I had bought earlier. I could buy every color but I didn't bring that much money. Maybe next time I come to the mall, which will probably be tomorrow, I will get some more. But, I really needed to go to the candy store and get some candy for Ross' and I sleepover.

"Dell, I need to go to candy store before we leave. Ross and I are having a sleepover and he wants candy." I told her.

"Sure. Ross was acting strange earlier. Is everything okay between you two?" Rydel questioned.

Oh great, Rydel noticed he was acting weird. I don't know what to tell her. I don't even know what's wrong!

"Uh ya, everything is fine." I responded.

We walked to the candy store and I bought lots of candy: warheads, gummy worms, skittles, starbursts, lemon heads, gummy bears, m&ms, sour patch kids, Swedish fish, twizzlers, pop rocks, and lolly pops. I think Ross and I were going to be okay on candy for awhile. I paid for the candy and Rydel and I headed home.

I grabbed everything out of Rydel's car and headed into the house.

"See ya soon!" Rydel shouted from next door.

I went up to my room and started to pack for Ross'. I was really nervous of why he wanted to have me over. I mean, we did it all of the time but, he seemed nervous to ask me. It's like Ross has a crush on me.

~Ross' POV~

Riley is coming over in an hour. I'm so nervous. I really want to tell her that I like her but, she might not feel the same. What is she has a boyfriend she hasn't told me about? She doesn't have to tell me about her love life. I've never has a girlfriend before so I've never done anything like this.

"Uh Ross, you okay bro?" Riker asked.

"Ya I'm fine."

"Oh, Rossy likes someone!" He teased.

"What? No I don't!" I said fighting back.

"Who's the girl?"

"Nobody." I retorted.

"Is it Riley? You were acting weird when you came home yesterday. Something happen?"

"Fine, it's Riley. I really like her. I just can't tell her. That's why she's coming over tonight to spend the night." I explained.

"I knew it! Ross likes Riley! Ross likes Riley!" Riker sang.

"The whole house doesn't need to know!" I yelled at him.

I went up to my room to clean it and kick Ryland out for the night. I wanted it to just be Riley and I. I made my bed and picked up all of the clothes that were laying around. I'm worse than a girl when it comes to the cleanliness of my room.

"Ryland, can you sleep with Riker and Rocky tonight?" I asked nicely.

"You got a girl coming over?" He questioned.

"It's just Riley and we are have a sleepover. Just hanging out since we really haven't been able to do that lately." I answered.

"Ya sure but use protection!" Ryland teased as he left.

I finished cleaning my side of the room and Rylands side. I was just hanging up some clothes when someone knocked on the front door. I quickly looked in the mirror. Hair is good. Face is good. Let's do this.

~Riley's POV~

I knocked on the door and Ross is taking forever! What was he doing? Probably fixing his hair so it looks good. His hair is so soft! Riley, no stop it.

"Hey Riley!" He said when the door opened.

"Hey!" I replied.

"You want some supper? I can make burgers." He asked as I threw my stuff of the couch.

"Sure! I'll go ask everyone else."

"Thanks Ri." He responded.

I ran up the stairs and into Rydel's room. She of course wanted food. The guys did too. I went back downstairs to tell Ross the orders. He formed the hamburger meat into patties and then went outside and put them on the grill.

I stood by Ross and watched him cook our supper. I went in and put French fries in the oven. When I came back out, the air smelled of grill burgers. I noticed Ross was starring at me with his evil eyes. Then he threw me over his shoulder and sprinted towards the pool.

"ROSS SHOR, PUT ME DOWN!" I screamed.

"Um ya, probably not!" He answered.

Then Ross jumped in the pool and we soon resurfaced.

"Ross seriously!?" I laughed.

"Riley seriously?!" He mocked. I missed him so much.

"Uh Ross, your hair is green!" I said

"Crap!"

I got out of the pool and Ross followed me. I went inside and got towels and a plate with cheese for the burgers. I went back outside to face a shirtless Ross. Zamm! Did he have some abs or what! Riley stop starring at your best friend!

~Ross' POV~

Riley had gone inside and got towels for us. I had taken off my shirt and rinsed my hair in the meantime. But when Riley came back out, she was starring at me.

"Thanks for the towel Ri." I said breaking her from her train of thought.

"No problem." She responded.

I finished cooking the burgers and took them inside. Riley got out the French fries and everything we would need for the supper.

"Hey Ri, can you tell them supper is done?" I asked knowing that she knows how things work around here.

"COME AND GET IT!" She yelled up the stairs.

My family came running down the stairs. The boys filled their plates while I waited with Rydel and Riley. Rydel made Riley laugh and I melted inside because her laugh is so cute.

A/N: I'm going to finish this in the next chapter so it's not too long. The sleepover will be in the next chapter. I will update this book every Tuesday:)