Chapter 17

~Riley's POV~

"LYNCHS AND FRIENDS PLEASE COME DOWN!" Mark yelled throughout the house. I was just laying in bed with Ross relaxing when he started yelling. We hopped up and ran downstairs.

"Ya dad?" Rocky asked.

"There's a dangerous storm coming. The weathermen said it could last at least a couple of days. Ross, Riley, go get food for all of us for at least a week. Rydel is going to stay here and help mom. Riker, go get lots of gas in the cans for the generator. I'll give you money. Rocky go with Riker. Ryland and Ratliff, you guys go get lots of sandbags. Enough for our house and Riley's. Ell, do you need to go home?" Mark said.

"My parents aren't home." Ratliff answered.

"Ok. The only reason I ask for sandbags is because they said the waves could come over the 8 blocks and we could get some water. We don't want our practice room ruined. I got money for you guys. Riley, when you guys get home, I want you and Ross to go get whatever you need for the next few days. Then when Ell and Ryland get home we will put the sandbags around the house. We'll cover the pool and organize the basement. Ok go." Mark ordered.

We all left the house and went our separate ways. Ross and I got in my car and I drove to the store. We hopped out and walked hand in hand into the store. Ross got a cart and we grabbed anything we could think of that we might need for the week. We got drinks, food, candy, and lots of snacks. We didn't want to run out of food.

Ross paid for the food and we loaded it up in the car. We drove home while we jammed to whatever was on the radio.

Once I pulled up, Mark came out to help us unload all of the food. Stormie put it all away and Mark told us we were free until everyone else got back. Ross picked me up an ran up the stairs.

"We are finally alone." Ross said with a smirk.

"Yes. We. Are." I said as I leaned to kiss him. Our lips connected.

Ross laid us down and tried to deepen the kiss. He was now straddling me.

"Not now baby." I said.

"When?" Ross whined.

"On our 6 month anniversary." I said. I think I would be ready by then.

"Yes!" Ross exclaimed. He climbed off of me and we went downstairs to see who else had arrived in the 5 minutes we'd been in Ross' room. Riker and Rocky were home but not Ell and Ryland.

"Hey kids! You guys ready for a little sleepover?" Stormie asked.

"Ya! Can Riley and I have our own room?" Ross asked. I automatically blushed.

"No son. We are all sleeping in sleeping bags in the basement." Stormie answered.

"Well my sleeping bag will be by Riley so we can cuddle." Ross said. Him and his mom are so close. It really wows me for him being a teenage boy.

"Me and your father were barely ever able to hang out and do the things you guys do." Stormie said.

"Really? Why is that?" I asked curiously.

"My parents didn't really trust Mark when we were your age. They were scared that he was going to get me pregnant because he was a teenage boy and that's all they think about. Right Ross?" she teased.

"Ya." he mumbled. I just laughed.

"I was very lucky to get an hour with him every month." Stormie said.

"That's sad. When did your parents let you guys hang out by yourselves?" Ross questioned.

"When I turned 18." Stormie said.

"Guys, sandbags are here. Let's take some over to Riley's house." Mark said.

After what Stormie told us, it got me thinking about how lucky Ross and I are. Being able to see each other every day. I'm very lucky.

We headed over to my house and the boys put the sandbags around my house. I put all off of my instruments up high so they wouldn't get ruined. I grabbed some clothes and anything I would need and went back over to Ross' house. I decided to text my mom to tell her about the storm.

Me: Hey mom there's a storm coming. Lynch's helped me put sandbags around the house because they said that the waves could reach our house. Just wanted to let you know.

She texted right back.

Mom: there's some bad storms over her too stay safe babe

It was weird that she was being so nice but I wasn't complaining.

"Ok guys. We are going to cook some pizzas. The sky is getting darker so we don't want to lose power as we are cooking." Mark said.

Stormie put some pizzas in the oven we all lazily laid around.

"Let's play a game!" Rydel suggested.

"What game?" Riker said.

"We don't have many board games?" Rocky added.

"Let's play truth or dare." Rydel said with excitement.

"Ok!" I said.

Truth or dare. Can't wait...

~Ross's POV~

"If you guys go down, I will bring the food down." my mom said.

I grabbed Riley's hand and we all went down to the basement. We all sat in a circle.

"Ross, truth or dare" Riker said.

"Truth." I said scared.

"Have you and Riley had sex yet?" Riker asked.

"No" I said shyly. I'm pretty sure Riley's face turned red.

"Ok. Ri, truth or dare." Rocky asked Ri.

"Dare" she said bravely.

"I dare you to make out with Ross. In front of us." Rocky said.

"Uh..." she stuttered.

"Do it!" Ratliff encouraged.

Riley and I started to lean in right when my mom came down with food. I exhaled deeply. I don't to make out with Riley in front of everyone.

We ate the food really quickly. Then my dad came down to talk to us.

"If you guys look outside, it's getting darker. So, stay down here until further notice." he informed us.

We all went back to our game. Right when I sat down, it started to thunder.

"Where were we?" Ratliff asked.

"Ross and Riley were going to make out!" Ryland said.

"Oh ya." Riley said blushing.

We leaned in and right as our lips touched, the power went off.