Chapter 22

~Ross' POV~

"Ross, you need to pack for Chicago." Rydel said coming into my room.

"I'm not going."

"You have to. Where's Riley?" She said.

"She left."

"Where did she go?" Rydel questioned.

"Probably to her house. She's mad at me for being overdramatic." I said with no emotion.

"What happened?"

"She's upset because I was worrying about her hand and she said to call her once I get over it." I explained.

"I'll go talk to her." Rydel said.

"Thanks Dell." I said then she skipped out of my room.

~Riley's POV~

"Hey Dell." I said when she came through the door.

"I'm here to talk to you for Ross."

"What does he want?"

"I don't know but he doesn't want to go to Chicago without you. So he's not going." She explained.

"He's been freaking out about my hand. It feels a ton better now." I said.

"He cares about you Ri. That's the only reason he's worried. He cried himself to sleep last night. When he hurts you, it hurts him even more."

"I know he's worried but there's no need to be. I'm fine." I said getting up to go into the kitchen.

"Riley, if you don't come to Chicago, Ross won't either. We kind of need him." She laughed.

"Fine. I'll go talk to him."

I got up, shut off the tv, put on my shoes, and followed Rydel out the door to her house. We walked in and I went to Ross' room. I really didn't consider this a fight, so I'm not scared.

"Hey Ross." I said as I shut the door.

"Hey."

"Are you mad at me?" I asked, feeling the tears form.

No answer.

"Ross, stop starring at the wall and answer me." I said getting angry.

Still nothing. The tears were forming and getting bigger.

"Well obviously you love that wall more than me so you can take her to Chicago!" I said kind of yelling.

He still said nothing.

"Fine! Have fun in Chicago because I'm not going with you!" I yelled before crying and marching out of the room. I slammed the door and sat outside of it and cried.

"Riley?" Ross said before sitting down next to me. I scooted away.

"Go away. You obviously don't want to talk to me."

"I do. I don't know what I was doing back there. I love you." he said.

"Sure." I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Riley please. I'm sorry for everything I've done. Please come to Chicago with us. It won't be any fun without you."

"I don't know Ross." I said.