Chapter 27

~Riley's POV~

"Ross, not Romeo and Juliet again!" I whined as we tried to pick a movie.

"Yes baby! It's my favorite movie." Ross responded.

Then Rydel skipped in my room.

"Ross, out." She demanded.

"Why? Riley's mine!" he argued.

"I need her. Out. I'm older." she said.

"Fine." Ross said before leaving my room. I heard him sit against the wall outside.

"I have a date tonight." Rydel whispered.

"Why are we whispering?" I asked.

"None of my brothers need to know or they won't let me go."

"Ohh."

"Help me get ready." she said before spreading all of her stuff out on my bed. I put on loud music so Ross couldn't hear us.

We picked out an outfit and I curled her hair. Then she did her makeup. I picked out some accessories for her. Rydel was ready.

"Get Ross to go away so I can sneak out." Rydel said, packing up her things.

"Hey Rossy, I really need a shower." I said, grabbing his hand and leading him in the bathroom. I heard Rydel go down the hall.

"On second thought, I'm really tired." I said, opening the door and walking back to my room.

"Oh, come on! Ri, you're such a tease." Ross answered as he followed me. He didn't even notice that Rydel was gone.

We curled up together and watched Romeo and Juliet. I fell asleep during the movie while Ross watched the whole thing. I think he just likes the perverted parts

•later that night•

"Baby, please come stay with me tonight." Ross begged.

"Fine, but help me pack." I said.

He grabbed some clothes out of a drawer and threw them in a bag. Then he grabbed my hand and drug me downstairs.

"Wow, we were upstairs all day. It's dark out." Ross noticed.

"Let's go! I need to talk to Rydel." I said. We went outside and noticed that it was raining. Wow, we are oblivious.

We quickly ran across the yard. I noticed someone sitting on the porch. It was Rydel!

"Dell, what happened?!" I exclaimed as we got closer.

"He never showed so I've sat out in the ran for 3 hours." she cried.

"What the hell? What are you guys talking about?" Ross asked.

"I had a date but kept it a secret from you guys so you didn't scare him off." Rydel cried.

"Well, let's go inside and get you cleaned up." I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her inside.

"Dell, what happened to you?" Riker asked, comforting his little sister.

"Her date didn't show up." I answered.

"YOU HAD A DATE?" All of her brothers exclaimed.

"Don't act so surprised. I mean, look at me." Rydel laughed.

"You go take a shower and get warm. Then come tell us what happened." I said, slightly pushing Rydel up the stairs.

"I can't believe she kept a date from us." Riker mumbled.

"Not to be mean but you guys are maybe a little overprotective of Rydel. She's 20! I think she can handle boys herself." I explained.

"I don't care! She's my younger sister! I'm going to that guys house and kicking his ass." Riker yelled.

Rydel then came down the stairs and plopped on the couch next to Ellington. Then she dropped her head on his shoulder. I didn't want to say anything but they look really cute together. #Rydellington

"Dell, explain." Ross demanded.

"I went over to Riley's house to get ready for a date that I had with a guy named Cameron. She helped me get ready. Then I left to come back here to wait. I sat on the front porch for an hour before I got suspicious. I just thought he was late. Then it started raining. I looked at my phone and it said 8. He was 3 hours late. I started crying and that's when Riley and Ross came and noticed me." Rydel explained.

"You kept a date from us." Riker said.

"I don't have to tell you everything." she shot back.

"I'm older than you! I know better!" Riker shouted.

"What do you know? You haven't had a date in a long time!" Rydel yelled.

"Since I'm your brother, I'm hear to protect you. Where does this jerk live? I need to kick some ass." Riker said in a calmer voice.

The boys were out the door as soon as Rydel said Cameron's address.

"I didn't want to say anything in front of the guys but you and Ell looked really cute." I laughed.

"Ew." Rydel answered.

"You can't tell me that you don't like Ratliff is the least bit cute?"

"He's nice and stuff but the guys would never let us date." She said with a sad expression.

"Why does it matter what the guys think? It's your life. You can do what you want." I said.

"Ya. I'm 20. I'm older than all of them except Riker and he doesn't scare me." Rydel said with confidence.

Then the boys came through the door. Riker was holding his stomach, Ratliff had a black eye, Rocky was holding his hand, Ross had a bloody nose, and Ryland was hopping on one foot.

"Baby, what happened?!" I exclaimed.

"Cameron happened." He answered.

"You didn't say that he knows self defense!" Riker said.

"You didn't ask." Rydel answered.

"Let's get you guys cleaned up and get your body parts checked out." I said.

Riker was kicked in the stomach and a place where boys shouldn't be kicked. I can't help him there. I gave Ross some kleenex to clean up the blood. Rydel grabbed an ice pack for Ratliff, Rocky, and Ryland.

"Does anyone think anything is broken?" I asked.

"Maybe my hand." Rocky said.

"Um ya." I said. "Let's go to the ER."

We all got in the van and Riker drove us to the nearest ER. When we got there, we all went inside and found a doctor.

"What seems to be the problem?" a doctor asked us.

"I think my hand is broken." Rocky answered.

Rocky went to sit on a bed.

I looked over at Riker just as he started throwing up blood.