In and Out (Scorbus)

Scorpius' P.O.V

As far was the school knew, Albus Potter was the only gay boy that attended our school. And they didn't let him forget it. They bullied him, beating him physically, until hospitalization sometimes.

There were a few times where I thought Albus was just going to take his own life. The things he'd say. 'Maybe life would be better if I weren't here' 'maybe if I were dead, people wouldn't be so disgusted anymore' and there was one time where he really said the words. 'I should just kill myself already.' That was the time I broke down and cried telling him to stop speaking that way. I told him that it would get better and after school is finished, no one would care anymore. He cried along with me telling me he was just frustrated. I understood that which is why I couldn't let him fight alone anymore.

I prepared myself as I was walking into the Great Hall where most people were spending their free period. Albus was there, sitting by himself, as I made my way. I climbed onto one of the tables and cleared my throat. People glanced up at me.

"I have something to say." I announced. Everyone looked up, excluding Albus. He was keeping his head down, a frown furrowing his brow. "I'm gay." That's when Albus' head snapped and he looked at me. "And I'm in love you." I said looking directly at Albus. His eyes filled with tears and he looked down packing away his things. He stormed away as the studiers started to whisper to each other. I jumped down and followed Albus out.

"Albus!" I called and he whipped around. Tears were sliding down his face and his nose was running slightly.

"How could you?" He whispered.

"W-what?" I asked.

"I thought you were my friend!" He yelled sadly. "B-But you're just as bad as them." He cried.

"You think I'm joking?" I asked and he didn't say anything. "I'm not joking Albus. Why would I do that to you?"

"To break me more than I already am." He admitted and I shook my head.

"Not in the slightest Albus." I stepped closer to him and he stayed put. I gently put my hand on his face, wiping away his tears with my thumb. He sniffled and smiled slightly.

"You mean it?" He asked and I nodded. "C-can I kiss you?" He asked. I leaned in and kissed him gently. He kissed me back just as gently and when we pulled away, he placed his forehead against mine. He smiled for the first time in months.

"Will you be mine?" I asked and he just nodded before wrapping me in a hug.

"I'll be yours."