Promises and Forgiveness (drarry)

Dedicated to LorraineSerna for the request!

Alternate Ending to Secrets and Letters
Trigger Warning

Draco's P.O.V

            It was finally a year after I was bonded and I could leave. I left Astoria with the promise that I'd buy her an expensive ring. She accepted that and agreed to sign the divorce papers. I set off to the ministry and filed the papers to get the divorce started. I signed them and they promised to send them right away. I checked the time and it was only really nine am. I decided to go visit Harry anyway knowing he'd be awake. Maybe, that was if he hadn't fallen asleep late. I apparated to his placed and since I was added to the wards, I landed in his living room. I strutted to the kitchen full intent on getting something to eat when I heard something that spooked me. I heard something that sounded like sobbing. I walked up the stairs and followed the sound. I peered into the door that happen to be ajar. Harry was sitting on his bed with his face in his hands, sobbing.

            "Darling?" I whispered. Harry's head whipped up and I gasped. His face was covered in blood.

            "D-Draco?" He cried in disbelief. I took the time to really look at his appearance. He was really skinny, and his face look worn. His wrists were covered in scars, new and old. I rushed over to him.

            "What happened?" I gasped and he held on to me tightly as he cried. I just rubbed his back as he cried himself out on my shirt. As he calmed down, he fell asleep so I laid him in his bed. I healed his cuts and forced a bloody replenisher down his throat as he slept.

~~~

            It was hours before Harry woke up. Which showed me how really tired he actually was. When he awoke, I had been just bringing in a tray of soup and bread. He just stared at me as I placed the tray next to him on the table. I sat at the edge of the bed as gently stroked his hair.

            "When's the last time you ate?" I asked softly. He just blinked at me and then closed his eyes. "What's going on prince?"

            "I missed you." He told me in a soft whisper. "I-I didn't handle the pain very well." He disclosed to me. "I'm sorry." I leaned in and kissed him.

            "It's over Harry. I'm yours again and I promise not to ever leave you again. You're far too precious to lose." I told him and he began weeping again. "Shh stop your crying." I hushed and wiped away the tears that were falling. "I love you Harry." I told him and he sniffled.

            "I-I love you too."