Hope and Sadness (Scorbus)

Scorpius' P.O.V

"Scorpius, Albus is crying again." Another fifth year told me. I was in the common room during the day and had been there for a bit. Albus was feeling down the whole week and there were instances where he'd start crying for no reason. I had been the one to comfort him and I always got him to smile.

I closed my book and stood up bringing it with me. I walked up the stairs and into the dorm we all shared. Albus had his curtains drawn but I could hear the soft sniffling coming from it. I put my book on my bed and then drew the curtains. Just as I was told, silent tears were rolling down his cheeks as his eyes were closed.

I sat on his bed and gently placed my hand on his back.

"You know, you don't have to tell me what's wrong, you never have to. But this is the fourth time you are crying and I'm worried about you." I spoke very gently. He sniffled a brokenly and then opened his eyes.

"I-If I tell you something, d-do you promise not to hate me?" He asked. I stroke his hair and nodded.

"Nothing you say could ever make me hate you." I told him and he wiped his eyes. He took a deep breath.

"I'm transgender." He told me. "And it's been weighing on me for so long. So much so that I can't handle it anymore." He explained and then his... her eyes started to leak tears.

"I'm so proud of you." I told her and she sniffled. "You're so brave, do you know that?" She shook her head. "You are, it took a lot of confidence to tell me and I want you to know that I support you whole heartedly." I spoke softly. "What do you want to be called?"

"Abby." She said and I grinned.

"It's a very pretty name." I mentioned. She sat up and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you so much." She whispered. "I love you so much."

"I love you too." I told her. And it was true. No matter what gender my best friend was, they're still my best friend and for that, I love them.