Dances and Dates (Scorbus)

Dedicated to kittay_cat for the request!

Albus' P.O.V

I was doing some last minute homework in the Slytherin common room when Scorpius emerged from the portrait.

"So how did it go?" I smirked at him as he walked to me. He dropped next to me with a sigh.

"I didn't do it." He told me and I raised an eyebrow at him.

"And why not? You've been crushing on Rose for the better part of our time here at Hogwarts." I pointed out and he turned to me. He was slightly paler than before. "Are you al-" I was cut off by a pair of lips. Scorpius was kissing me. Me! I recovered from my shock and kissed him back, bringing my hand to rest in his hair. He groaned at the contact and moved closer, pressing harder with his lips. He slid his tongue on my bottom lip and I opened my mouth to allow access. We battled for a bit before I pulled away. "Wait." I panted and he slowly opened his eyes.

"What?" He asked learning closer to me.

"Why didn't you ask her to the dance? And why are you here kissing me?" I asked and he smiled slightly.

"I realized all those feelings I had towards Rose were me trying to force down how I felt towards you." He said and my heart accelerated.

"Yeah?" I swallowed. "And how do you feel about me?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Merlin Albie, I know we're not in Ravenclaw but I think me kissing you is enough to answer your question." He told me and I blinked away the tears gathering in my eyes. "And you kissing me back gives me enough of an answer to my question." He told me and then grinned widely. "So will you be my boyfriend and go to the dance with me?" He asked and I swallowed hard.

"I-I'd love to do both." I told him. He leaned into me and kissed my lips gently. When he pulled away he placed his forehead against mine.

"I'm happy to hear that." He spoke softly and I smiled. For the rest of the night, we just stayed in each other's arms, basking in the moment of us becoming one.