Mistakes and Reasons (Drarry/Scorbus)

No Magic AU

Third Person P.O.V

Albus was waiting in the funeral home with his family for the mourners to arrive. Unfortunately he had lost his father when he was on call. He was shot alongside his partner in an attempted robbery. His father wasn't killed instantly but died in surgery hours later.

"Albus, Scorpius is here with his father." His mother spoke softly. He got up from the couch he was sitting on and went to the entrance hall. Scorpius was in all black and he greeted his friend with a big hug.

"I want to take you away from here for a bit, is that okay?" He asked.

"Yes please." Albus whispered brokenly. Scorpius pulled him out of the funeral home and they sat on the bench outside. When they sat down, Albus placed his head on Scorpius' shoulder and started to cry. Scorpius just gently ran his fingers through Albus' hair. "I-I can't believe he's gone." Albus cried. "I-I miss him so m-much."

"I know. I know you do." Scorpius wrapped an arm around him and started to rock him gently. Albus was soothed by Scorpius' heartbeat, giving him the sense of serenity. "Albus, after I heard the news about your father, I had a long talk with my father. He confessed to me that when he was a teen he dated your father but they had a huge falling out and broke up. He admitted to me that your father was the one who got away because your father was the love of my father's life. When I asked him if he had the chance to date your father again, would he but he said no. He explained to me that he wouldn't ever have had me and your father wouldn't ever have you if they dated again." Scorpius explained. "This is where it leaves us to finish their story. Albus, I am undeniably in love with you and I don't want to make the same mistake my father made. I want you to be mine and I want you to want me too. I promise to always be there for you, if you give me this one chance." Albus felt the boy's heart accelerate so he lifted his head and kissed Scorpius on the lips very gently.

"No more mistakes." Albus whispered when he pulled away. "Only love." He promised.

They left the funeral home as friends but went back in as one. If it wasn't for the other's longing, they wouldn't have love. And that's what everyone deserves in life, someone to love. 

THE END

This, unfortunately, is the last chapter of the oneshot book. However I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has read them, it means so much that you enjoy my stories and I love you all so much.
Thank you again,

-Clev