Changes and Ever After (Scorbus)

Part two to Hope and Sadness

Scorpius' P.O.V

In the years following her coming out, Abby was noticeably a lot happier. She grew out her hair and nails, did her makeup and wore clothing made for girls. She was easily the most beautiful girl I ever laid my eyes on so when I knew I was making the right decision on asking her out.

It took several weeks but she finally agreed to date me. Slowly we fell in love and I asked her to marry me after two years of being together. She said yes and it was the happiest moment in my life.

So here were at our wedding and I could barely keep it together. She was in a beautiful long white dress that hugged her curves perfectly. She was saying her vows to me and she looked incredibly stunning.

"You were the first one I came out to and your support gave me the hope that fueled me to tell others. Without you, I don't know where I'd be. I vow to always be there for you when you need a shoulder to cry on, always be by your side and most importantly, I promise to be your best friend like you have been for me since we were eleven and I love you with all my heart." She ended her vows and wiped her eyes.

"Abby." I started and had to wipe my eyes before continuing. "I love you. I love you so much. You're my rock in so many different variations and I am so lucky to have you. I vow to always keep you happy, to always make sure your needs come first and to love you unconditionally like I have been after all these years. I love you so much baby." Tears slid down my face at an alarming rate but I was so incredibly happy.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride." The officiate announced. He didn't have to tell us twice. I grabbed her face gently and then dipped her kissing her lips. She pulled away and rubbed her nose against mine.

Merlin, I was one lucky man.

dH