Crushes and Crushed (Scorbus)

Albus' P.O.V

            I sat in the common room by myself near the fire. Everyone had gone to bed except for Scorpius. He was on his date with his girlfriend. That being my cousin Rose. The pair had been together for a little over six months and it was still hard to see them together. I had a big crush on Scorpius since our third year of Hogwarts. Now that it was our sixth year and he was with my cousin, it was really hard. Every time I saw them, it was like a knife in my heart. They were so happy together too. I didn't realize there were tears in my eyes until I heard the portrait closing. I wiped them away quickly with my sleeve but it was too late, Scorpius came into view.

            "Hey Albus... what's wrong?" He asked and I just shook my head not trusting my voice. "Come on you can tell me." His face was full of such concern that my heart twisted painfully. A small whimper emerged from my throat. My eyes went blurry from tears that I let fall freely. I covered my face with the sleeves to my Weasley sweater and started to sob. I felt Scorpius embrace me so I snuggled into his chest to let it out. "Shh its okay Albus let it out." He told me and I gripped on to him.

            "I-I'm sorry." I wept.

            "Don't apologize for crying." He told me.  I pulled myself together and pulled away. I wiped my tears on the end of my sleeve. "Do you want to talk?"

            "No." I sniffled and he sighed.

            "Come on Albus, you've been distant this whole year and now I catch you crying by yourself. Something is obvious bothering you. What is it?"

            "Nothing you'd understand Scorpius." I told him and he looked dejected.

            "Oh." He said sadly. "I could try to understand?" He tried but I shook my head. "Come on Albus, you're my best friend, I can try to help." He pleaded but I shook my head.

            "Sorry Scorpius, some things are better left unsaid." I told him before getting up and going to bed. I closed the curtains to my bed and slowly let the tears flow again. I heard Scorpius get into his bed next to mine and that's the last thing I heard before I cried myself tired.

~~~

            The next morning, I skipped breakfast and had intended to go straight to class but I was bombarded by Rose. She had cornered me near a suit of armor.

            "Scorpius thinks you're depressed." She told me and I blinked at her before shrugging.

            "Maybe I am." I told her.

            "And why would that be?" She asked.

            "You wouldn't understand." I told her and went to walk away. She grabbed my shoulder and turned me back around.

            "Try me." She raised an eyebrow. I sighed and nodded. Here goes nothing.

            "I'm in love with Scorpius."

Dont worry, there will be a part two but i have class now so i'll be update later. Hope you enjoyed it!