Sleeping and Cuddles (Scorbus)

Scorpius' P.O.V

I woke up to a sleeping Albus. He was my best friend in the whole world. Both muggle and wizarding. We started sleeping together, sharing a bed, when he woke up from a nightmare one night.

I was sleeping soundly when I heard a loud shout from the bed next to mine. I looked at Albus and he was thrashing about. I got out of my bed and shook him awake. He jolted up and looked at me. He swallowed hard and he closed his eyes.

"You want to talk about it?" I asked sitting on the edge of his bed. I wrapped him in a hug and he put his face onto my shoulder.

"It's stupid." He told me and I started to stroke his hair.

"Just tell me."

"I had a dream that I was with my father and Voldemort came back. He killed my dad right in front of me and he was gonna kill me too. But it didn't work and the spell rebounded. I was the next chosen one." He told me and I patted his back.

"It's some scary dream." I whispered. "Do you want me to sleep with you?"

"Would you?" He asked and I slid in next to him. I awkwardly but gently put my arms around him. He snuggled into my embrace and slowly fell asleep.

From then on we'd alternate beds from his to mine. He didn't have nightmares anymore and he always slept with a smile on his face.

When he started to stir, I didn't realize I had been staring. Instead of shying away he smiled sleepily at me.

"Stop staring honey, you'll get my pregnant." He mumbled.

"What?" I gasped. He snuggled closer into my embrace.

"I'm kidding Scorp." He opened his eyes and those green eyes showed his teasing. My stomach tied in a knot. The attraction to him came back again just like it had been for a year.

"Albus?"

"Hmm?" He hummed closing his eyes again.

"If I asked you out, what would you say?" I asked and he smiled.

"I'd say, I thought you'd never ask."