Loss and Comfort (Drarry)

This is dedicated to my uncle who just recently passed away. Thank you all for being so understanding and for your kinds words.

Harry Potter just lost his godfather. It came as a shock because he was hit with a stunning spell and then he was gone. He wasn't killed; he just disappeared. Fell into the veil to live in a different dimension where no one would find him.

            Harry was devastated. How could Sirius be gone? He was there laughing one minute and then he was gone the next.  He shook his head and hugged Draco closer. Draco was his long term crush from the moment he laid eyes on him in the robe shop. Sure he made fun of his friends but Harry thought he was the prettiest person he's ever seen. They got together in third year and two years later, they were still going strong.

            Draco wrapped his arms around Harry and hugged him close. He rubbed his back and soothed him with sweet words. Draco knew that Harry was close with Sirius, he was the one who was gonna take him from his awful relatives and be his guardian. He was the father Harry never had or he was going to be. He meant just as much to Harry as Draco did and he knew that.

            "I'm sorry Harry." Draco spoke softly. He was sorry. It was his aunt's fault and Draco would never forgive his family. Harry looked up as tears pooled into his eyes.

            "I love you Draco." Harry spoke. Despite all the time being together, those words were never uttered.  It was just an unspoken truth between the two of them. Draco took a shaky breath and smiled.

            "I love you too Harry." He knew the boy needed hear those words. No one had ever told him that.  Draco dropped a kiss on Harry's forehead. "And you'll get through this." Draco promised because he knew he would. Harry was strong and with his help, Draco would help Harry be happy again. Harry blinked away the tears and swallowed his cry. He looked Draco in the eyes and nodded.

            "I will."