Late Nights and A Workaholic (Drarry)

Draco's P.O.V

I walked into the dark flat and sighed. Harry was working late again. I checked the time and it was already eight so I knew I'd be eating solo like I had been for the past few nights. I walked into our kitchen and went to the fridge. I pulled out some take away leftovers from the night prior and heated it up with the flick of my wand.

"Well this is dumb." I said aloud. I packed the things away and then apparated to Harry's office. It was deserted other than the light coming out of Harry's office. If I didn't know any better, I'd think Harry was cheating on me. I opened the door to his office and his face was scrunched up in concentration. He was scribbling away so I smiled. "Hey." I called out and he looked up. He smiled widely.

"Hey baby, what are you doing here?" He asked me. I approached his desk and put down the basket I packed.

"I got tired of eating alone so I figured I'd come here to eat with you." I told him and guilt flashed across his face.

"I'm sorry." He told me and I just nodded. I started to pull out the food I brought and Harry looked at me. "Do you forgive me?" He asked.

"What else can I do? Nothing I say will make you come home any earlier." I told him and then took a bite of my food. Harry was giving me a pitiful look so I rolled my eyes. "Stop looking at me like that."

"I have a confession to make." He told me and I gulped.

"What is it?" I asked and he looked down. His hands were shaking slightly and he placed them on the desk in front of him.

"The reason I'm working so late is so I can get enough money to buy a ring." He told me and I blinked at him slowly.

"A ring?"

"An engagement ring." He told me and sighed. "I wanted it to be a surprise but you seem so sad all the time that I'm not around. I don't want you to be upset anymore."

"An engagement ring?" I squeaked and he nodded. "You were gonna propose?"

"Yes, why does that seem so surprising?" He asked and I just shook my head.

"It took you so long to become my boyfriend, I just thought you weren't the committing type." I told him and he grinned shyly.

"Well you've been my boyfriend for four years, I think it's time you become my husband. Would you want that?" He asked and I looked at my hands.

"More than you'd ever know." I whispered very quietly. I heard him shift in his chair and then he was next to me on the floor on one knee. I looked at his and let a whimper of joy. He had a ring in his hands and it was a beautiful looking but very expensive.

"Then it's yes?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes. It's yes." I told him and he smiled. He slipped the ring on my finger and it was perfect. He straddled my lap and peppered kisses on my face.

"I love you so much Draco."

"And I love you more Harry." I told him and looked at my finger. After all the nights eating alone, it was worth it.

If you've read my story 'Not Everything is Okay' check out adammcgee's story Genesis that's a spin off of it!