[Chen] Despite That

You watched jealously as Jongdae chatted with his girlfriend, Kim Taerin.

They've been dating for a while, and Jongdae's liked her ever since you started to like him. 

Sighing, you shook your head, pressed the books you were clutching tightly on your chest, turned around, and walked away.

Every time you saw them together, your heart hurt, and all you just did was shut your eyes tight and walk away; it's all you've ever been able to do.

You bit your lip as you stopped at an empty hallway, leaning on the wall dully. 

Jongdae was your best friend, and you were completely convinced that you were stuck in the friendzone. 

All he could ever talk about was Taerin this, Taerin that. 

You tried not to show your annoyance, but it was tough work.

When you heard that they got together, you practically choked as you wished them congrats and a good relationship together.

Taking a deep breath, you blinked, regained yourself, and quickly walked out, only to almost bump into Jongdae's little sister, Songdae. 

She was startled at first, but gave the same cheeky smile that resembled Jongdae's, and greeted cheerily, "Annyeong unni."

"Annyeong," You bowed slightly. "What are you doing here?" 

Songdae smiled softly, and replied, "Ah, nothing. Have you seen oppa? I need to give him something."

You slightly hesitated before replying, "Molla." 

Songdae gave you a sympathetic smile and a warm pat on your shoulder.

"It's okay ____ unni," she said reassuringly. "He'll like you."

"Only as a friend, though," You laughed bitterly, making her frown. 

"Don't be so negative," she pursed her lips. "Anyways, I've got to find my oppa. Smile unni!" 

She smiled widely once more, before turning and slowly walked around the building, looking for her brother.

You sighed and nodded once more. 

Songdae was right. 

You should be happier for Jongdae, since he's happy. 

Taking a deep breath, you walked out into the hallway and made it to your first class of the day, which was physical education. 

This was the only class you didn't have with Jongdae, and you were relieved.

At least you didn't have to spend the morning with him immediately talking about how great dating Taerin is. 

You weren't sure what was better however; spending an hour running laps and doing strenous exercises, or sitting down comfortably, listening to your best friend and crush babble on and on about the same topic.

Sighing while you ran a mile, you were relieved as it was the last day of school. 

You had to do semester exams, and to pass P.E., you had to run a mile in twelve minutes and write a stupid essay about your favorite sport.

When it was nearly the end of class, you held your breathe as you knew that with every opportunity to talk, Jongdae would talk about how great Taerin was.

That wasn't the case, however, as you walked into your math class. 

Jongdae sat in the seat behind yours, sulking sadly.