[D.O] Open Arms

Kyungsoo: What’s wrong?

Kyungsoo was deeply worried about you. She hasn’t been the same recently, he thought as he held his phone close, waiting for your response.

You: I’m fine, it’s ok. don’t worry :)

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. So typical. Even if she is hurting she wouldn’t say anything. He let out a smile, so typical for her stay strong. She doesn’t want me to worry. Too late.

Kyungsoo: Please just tell me what I can do to make you smile...

You: It’s ok! Don’t worry about it.

Kyungsoo: T.T

You: Really, just do well at your concert…even though I can’t be there.

It just occurred to Kyungsoo that you never saw him performed. He was so busy that he never took you to one of his concerts. Or even sang a song for her. I’m such a lousy person, he thought. I really like her and I care for her so much….how can I show her that?

Just then, his phone rang with his favorite ringtone “Open Arms” and his widen to see your name on the caller ID.

“Hello?” he breathed nervously. “Hey, I got to go, but please…don’t worry about me! Stay focused on the concert! Have fun with the boys,” there was a slight paused as she quickly exclaimed, “I got to go! Fighting~!” and with that you hung up. He kept the phone next to his ear, trying to feel the warmth of your voice through the earpiece, even though you hung up.

He looked at his phone, at the background was a picture of you. No makeup, a plain shirt, and messy hair. Your pose was you having your arms open as a reminder that you are always there for him, that in any moment, he can come for a warm hug. It was a reminder that she was there for his hard debut days. He remember you sending this picture along with his new (and current) ringtone. That was one of the first American songs he really sincerely liked for the lyrics.

He never smiled as big before he received this; everything about this picture was so beautiful. Nothing made his heart feel so sincere and just…pure joy. You had that effect on him.

He swiveled on his chair, waiting for his small performance with some of the members. The guys came in, rehearsing an English song called “Boyfriend”, which he hated because it just sounds so lack of love and emotion. Everyone didn’t like it. It was nothing like “Open Arms”, which really expresses-

Wait, this song…I got an idea to show her how much I love her…and to cheer her up!

“Luhan, Chen, Baekhyun!” he exclaimed, “We need to change this song!”

The boys looked at him strangely, wondering what he has up his sleeves.

You sat at your computer, you felt down with everything that is going on. Lately, you just felt so out of place. It doesn’t help that you couldn’t see Kyungsoo… the guy that you madly had a crush on. That and the rest of EXO, those lovable idiots.

*you got a message*

Kyungsoo: Hey! There is a stream to the performance right? Look at it right now!