[Chanyeol] Princess

“Hey, I don’t feel so good,” you complained, leaning back on the couch. This caught Chanyeol’s attention and he turned away from the movie and towards you.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, putting the back of one of his hands up to your forehead. “You are a little warm...”

“I don’t know; I just don’t feel good. I feel sick,” you replied. Chanyeol paused the movie you two had been cuddled up on the couch watching and got up. He walked away, and you lost sight of him when he turned into the hallway. You were angry that you were making him worried, but the thought of him taking care of you was very appealing, so you decided to let your anger go.

He soon came back with a thermometer, which he stuck under your tongue.

“Ah, your temperature is high. You need to rest,” He informed you, his brows furrowing in concern. You smiled at how cute he looked when he did that.

“Okay. Whatever you say, Channie,” You mumbled, closing your eyes. You suddenly felt yourself being lifted into the air. Opening your eyes, you found Chanyeol carrying you bridal-style. You circled your arms around his neck and held on tightly as he began walking to your bedroom. You rested your head against his chest, and you felt secure. Suddenly being sick didn’t seem like such a bad thing.

When he reached your room, he lightly placed you down on your bed and left you sitting up. He propped up a pillow behind your back for comfort, and carefully tucked you in. He began to leave the room, which bothered you.

“Channie, where are you going?” You called after him.

He stopped and turned around, flashing you a priceless smile. He then said, “Just to get you something, princess. Wait for a bit, okay?”

Princess. You liked the sound of that. You smiled and nodded, and he left. You looked around the room, taking note of everything while waiting for what seemed like an eternity. What could be taking him so long? You had become impatient and were about to yell for him when he entered the room holding a tray and wearing a bright smile.

“I made you chicken noodle soup. I know you like that. I also brought you water, just in case you needed it,” he explained, placing the tray on your lap. He was even kind enough to include napkins. His seemingly endless kindness never failed to make you smile.

“Thank you,” you said as you leaned up to kiss him on the cheek. He chuckled and motioned to the food, telling you to eat. You nodded and dug in. When you were finished, he took the tray and left to wash the dishes you used. You leaned back on the headboard and closed your eyes, content.

“Hey, wake up,” a voice said, pulling you out of your dreamland, and you opened your eyes to see Chanyeol standing over you. He sat down on the edge of the bed, and suddenly put a spoon in front of your face. You stared at the strange pink liquid in it, hoping he wouldn’t force you to drink it. He pushed the spoon closer to you and said, “Open up. You have to drink it. It will help you get better.”

You shook your head, and he tried again to make you drink it. This went on for a few minutes until you finally gave in. Chanyeol slid the spoon into your mouth and let go. You shuddered at the taste of the medicine and pulled the spoon out of your mouth.

“Good girl,” Chanyeol said, smiling at you. You sarcastically smiled back at him, making him laugh.

“Hey, Channie, what is the medicine for?” You asked, suddenly realizing that you ingested strange medicine without knowing its purpose.

“It’s to help you sleep. Right now, it looks like rest iswhat’s going to help you feel better,” Chanyeol replied, and you nodded.  

“You should go to sleep now,” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t want to,” you muttered, shaking your head.

Chanyeol took your hand in his and gently stroked it with his thumb. He then brought your hand up to his face and kissed it, pouted his lips, and said, “Please? For me?”

“Fine,” you hissed. He knew cuteness was your weakness. Why did he have to go there? You rearranged your pillow so that you could lie down, and did so. Chanyeol moved closer to you and began to stroke your hair. You inhaled the scent of his cologne, as his hand was so close to your face, and smiled.

“I need you to do me a favor so I can go to sleep,” you whispered.

“Mm?” Chanyeol replied, staring adoringly at your face, making you blush.

“Will you sing to me?” Chanyeol pulled his hand away from your hair, making you worry that you had upset him. Instead, he smiled warmly and nodded.

He brought his hand up to your face and trailed his pinky up and down your cheek while he began to hum. He hummed for quite awhile before finally beginning to sing. You didn’t recognize the song, but his voice was still captivating and comforting.

Since you were content, you closed your eyes and found a more comfortable position under your warm blanket. Chanyeol lifted his hand but kept singing. Once you had stopped moving, he brought his hand back down to your face, tracing your jaw with his finger several times.

He stopped humming, leaned down, and whispered three words in your ear: “Get well, princess.”

You didn’t realize you had fallen asleep until you woke up. Your eyes fluttered open and you squinted, waiting for your vision to become clear. When it did, you saw Chanyeol sitting on the floor, leaning back on your bed. You were about to poke him when you realized he was sleeping. You stared at him, watching him. You watched the rise and fall of chest, the way his eyebrows furrowed even in his sleep, and the way his mouth moved as if he was talking. You watched him, and you were so grateful to have such a loving and caring boyfriend.

“I love you,” you whispered. After you turned away, Chanyeol smiled.