[Kai] Haunted House

"Students! Please gather here and stay quiet! I'll be reading out your allocated pairs to you!" Mr Kim clapped his hands signalling the students to move towards him.

"Alright, so here are the pairings.

Sulli x Minho

Krystal x Myungsoo

Taeyeon x Baekhyun

Naeun x Taemin

Kai x_______"

Damn. You mentally cursed as you were paired with the worst guy ever. You swore he was your arch enemy even in your past life. Ever since young, Kai has always picked on you, teased you and made you embarrassed in front of the school cohort.

You recalled him telling the whole level about your pink underwear you were wearing that day, which made you a laughing stock for one whole week. Ever since that day, you hated him.

You were about to protest when your Mr Kim hollered. "Silence! Changing of partners is strictly forbidden and I expect you guys to stay within your pairs at all times." With that, the pairs started entering the haunted house one by one.

Kai immediately made his way to you and smirked before extending a hand out to you, "I look forward to playing this little game with you."

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, leaving his hand hanging in midair.

"Very well then Ms _______, don't come screaming for me later on." He retracted his hand put it in his pocket.

...

You entered the entrance and this place gave you the chills. You were greeted with a dimly lit long passageway with flames of torches hanging by the side of the wall. You clenched your fist and shoved them in your pockets, trying to act tough in front of Kai. You have always been scared of ghosts and the dark and you were determined not to be scared lest you become a laughing stock again. With his signal, you walked behind Kai and followed his lead...

...

Things were going well until you turned a corner and you realised Kai was nowhere to be seen. You panicked, and your eyes darted around the whole place, trying to catch sight of him but he was nowhere to be found. You became anxious and started calling him.

"Kai....? Kai are you there?" You walked slowly down the narrow passageway.

"Kai, stop playing around. Where are you?!" Tears has started forming in your eyes amd were threatening to spill out any moment now.

"Kai! Kai!" You started screaming his name but to no avail. You stopped and squatted against the wall, your knees bent with your head buried in your arms. Though Kai was always your enemy, he somehow never fails to make you feel safe. Now that he's gone, your wall has completely collapsed and you were bawling your eyes out.

At this point of time, you felt a hand touch your shoulder and you heard a soft "boo!" Right beside your ear. You got frightened and continued crying till you heard Kai's voice. "Hey ______, it's just me, Kai!" You looked up slowly to see Kai's worried face in front of you.

"Where have you been all this time?! Do you know how scared I was?! It's not as if you didn't know I was scared!" You vented and continuously threw soft punches onto Kai's shoulder.

"Shhh _______" he placed a finger to your lips, "I'm really sorry, I didn't mean it, I just wanted to give you a small scare but I didn't know this would happen....but I'm here now right?" Kai wiped away your tears and lightly pulled you up onto your feet.

You pouted and for the rest of the haunted house walk, you held onto Kai tightly and shut your eyes whenever something popped out of nowhere, and he would softly pat your back to reassure you that he's there.

You guys were out of the attraction when you awkwardly rubbed your neck and started, "Thanks for..erm..being there for me and..I'm sorry for clinging onto you." You smiled sheepishly.

"You're welcome, and actually I kinda liked it when you clung onto me..." Kai blushed. Hearing this, you looked up at him.

"Actually all this while since young, I've always liked you hence I wanted to get your attention from all the teasing...but I know you'll never feel the same way as you hate me deeply.." He looked up at you, sincerity and love in his eyes. Your eyes went as wide as saucers.

You knew he wasn't joking. "You know Jongin....actually I've liked you a teeny weeny bit too..." You bashfully confessed, and fiddled with your fingers.

"Really?" Kai's eyes lighted up and he immediately pulled you in for a kiss. It made you all light-headed and fuzzy all inside.

You pulled back and both of you gasped for air when, "You know, ______," Kai started.

"Hmm?" You responded.

"Actually...I scared you to see your reaction towards me... seems like you're still scared of the dark." Kai smirked.

Your mood instantly took a change. "You what?! Kai you're a freaking jerk I swear! I hate you Kim Jong In!" You marched off angrily away from him.

"I love you too ______~~" he whined playfully before running to catch up with you.