[Kai] Eternal Love

“______”

“Yeah?”

“I have to go straight from the photo shoot to the wedding okay, don’t wait for me.”

“Wait, but how do i-“

“Get there? I’m sending somebody for you! Oh yeah, don’t forget the white rose for my pocket plea- OKAY! OKAY I SAID IM COMING HOLD ON- ___ I have to go I’ll-“

“Hush Jongin, go.”

“Iloveyousomuchbye-“

*CLICK*

There has to be a reason you put up with Jongin sometimes. There really has to be. But after 3 years going on four in a few months, you still haven’t figured out why. He’s dorky when he’s so bored all he does is pull strings of your hair. He’s absent-minded when he forgets his training clothes almost regularly every week and you have to scramble it over to him. He’s shy when the two of you are out together, and he’s not blessed at expressing his words.

But you can see it in the twinkle of his eyes, the quirk of his mouth, the ruffle of his hair as he rubs the back of his head, and the beautiful striking dance movements made especially for communication. There is so much more to him that the “sexy one” and you find yourself constantly trying to figure him out. But he’s Kim Jongin; the one on the outside confident and sneering, but on the inside insecure and closed. You’re not sure which side of Jongin you should believe sometimes. But when he tells you “I live to see you smile” you find yourself believing it.

You stand to take one last look at your bouncing curls and knee high white dress; it’s not much, and you’re not satisfied, but you’re attending as a guest. A simple white dress with lacy half way sleeves was perfectly fine. Not too much makeup, not too flashy shoes. Classy, yet moderate. Perfect.

~~

When you finally arrived at elegant galleria, your eyes quickly scan the mingling crowd for the likes of any of Exo K (Exo M had sent a video that was to be played at the wedding in return and apology for failure at attending).  But nonetheless, all you found were cheery relatives, Jongin’s crazy aunt (to which you avoided with your dear life), and other guests you had not had the “pleasure” of meeting. Everyone knew Jongin had a girlfriend but you were like a shroud, there, but concealed. It was more of Jongin’s plan anyways; apparently cousins and acquaintances would attack you for being with him.

What a wonderful prospect to think about.

Pouting you clutched the transparent box with a single rose and stepped discreetly up to the second floor to watch like a hawk when the stars- literally- of the crowd would arrive.

It took a moment for you to realize your vision was disturbed, until you felt warm soft hands against your eyes.

“Heyyyy~”

Of course.

“Jongin!” You gasped and twirled to hug him around the waist like a teddy bear.

“You miss me much?” He spoke close to your ear, and a piece of his gelled hair tickled your cheek. His voice was slightly weary due to his schedule, and you hadn’t even seen his face yet. So you gently pushed his shoulder back, until your eyes met his.

He was wearing a pitch black suit that hugged his figure flatteringly, a tie hanging diagonally to the side. His hair had been slicked back, and though part of it had seemed to be wiped hastily away, eyeliner still framed his curious eyes, his lips chapped from work.

It didn’t matter because he looked gorgeous.

But he beat you to saying it.

“You look…beautiful.” It was as if he was cautious he would say something wrong; it hadn’t been the first time he called you beautiful and all boyfriends were somehow supposed to say that. But this time, it sounded as if every word was meant deep and truthfully from the pits of his heart. As if with every word he was describing exactly what made you beautiful.