[Luhan] Jelly and Peanut Butter

"Do you like Luhan?” Woori asked me out of the blue as we whispered during class.

"Wh...What?" I asked, bewildered. "How can I like him? He's been my best friend for the longest time... I know everything about him... and he knows everything about me..."

Woori gave me a look. "Okay, you can deny it all you want. But I'm telling you, if you do like him, make sure you get a move on it girl, because if you don't want him, I know that just about every girl in this school does." She gave me a pointed look as she nodded in Luhan's direction.

"Okay...” I sighed dejectedly. “So I do like him. But it's not like I'm going to tell him that! Why am I going to go and ruin a perfectly good friendship?"

"Uhm, because you love him and if you don't make a move soon, he'll be taken by some slut throwing herself at him? Besides, prom is coming up! Could you really handle seeing him with another girl in his arms?"

“..I... I don’t know.”

I sighed as I looked over at Luhan. We had been friends since we were 7 years old, when he moved next door. He used to be a nerd, with glasses and pants up to his chest. All the girls despised him, and the guys looked down on him. But that didn't affect our friendship. We were inseparable. If he was peanut butter, I was the jelly. That was, until we got into high school.

He got rid of the dorky pants and glasses, and wow, was everyone surprised when they saw that hiding behind those goggles and suspenders, was an extremely hot male specimen. Even I was surprised, the first time he went to school. I didn’t even recognize him. Even through all my years with him, I never noticed how long his lashes were, and how his eyes sparkled when he talked. I wasn’t the only one who had noticed, obviously. Other girls took notice, and trailed after him like a pack of hyenas.

Needless to say, he became one of the most desired boy at school. He started to hang out with other guys when he joined the soccer team, and became extremely popular with the girls, if you know what I mean. We still treated each other the same way, but it wasn't until last year that I realized that I had slowly, but surely, fallen in love with my best friend.

Around the same time, he started to pull away from me. Our phone calls became shorter; the conversations awkward. The two of us still talked, but it seemed like there was a wall between us that was keeping the both of us apart.

The bell rang, waking me from my trance-like state. I felt a tap on my shoulder. It seemed like Woori had already left, and when I looked up, I saw Sehun with a friendly smile on his face. He was one of Luhan’s closest soccer buddies, and was one of the only guys on the team that wasn’t a complete douche. A nice enough guy, but we didn’t really talk.

"Hey. You looked like you were daydreaming there… Was I interrupting?" He asked, chuckling.

"Hi! Hahah, no... I was tired, that's all," I smiled at him. “What’s up?”

"Well," he cleared his throat. "Prom is coming soon… would you like to go with me?" he asked, his lisp evidence of his nervousness.

Despite what Woori and I had just discussed, my mind went blank. "Wait. Prom's coming soon?" I asked dumbly.