Turntables. [Part 2.]

Jayla laid limp on the couch as Dr. August panted heavily, trying to figure out where her wound was. There was so much blood on her back that he couldn't see the bullet hole. Dr. August snatched his jacket off and lifted her up, wrapping it around her waist. As he leaned over her, he watched her barely open her eyes and place her bloody hand on his shoulder, unable to grip onto his shoulder.

"He..........h-he was g.....going to shoot you.............." Jayla said in a highly weak and unrecognizable tone.

"Who?" Dr. August asked. "Who was going to shoot me?"

"I......." Jayla paused, struggling to talk as she closed her eyes. "I........I couldn't le......let him do it......"

Dr. August knew what she was saying and realized something that mind boggled him. Jayla had taken a bullet for him AGAIN. That shot wasn't even intended for her. It was intended for Dr. August. He looked at her keep her eyes closed and struggle to breathe as he looked around and teared up, trying to figure things out.

"I'm gonna get you some help, Jayla." Dr. August nodded in a shaky tone. "I'm gonna call the ambulance."

"I love..................I love you.........." Jayla whispered as she kept her eyes closed and placed her bloody fingers onto his face.

"I love you too, Jayla." Dr. August said as he held her with one hand and dialed 911. "I'm gonna get you out of here."

"911, what's your emergency?"

"Daddy?" Christina said as she stepped inside of the home. "What's that noise?"

"Christina, go get back inside of the car!" Dr. August said as he waved his hand. "Don't come inside of here!"

When Christina started to turn, she seen someone she recognized. Roberto. As she seen him, she started panting loudly as she sprinted over to him and cradled him. He was sitting slumped against the wall with his hand still on his neck. As she removed it, she seen blood leaking out like a waterfall. It was all on his wrists and on the dirty carpet that sat inside of the house. Christina let out a loud wail, then placed a small rag on his neck even though it wasn't helping.

"He's dying, dad!" Christina cried out. "You have to help my stepdad!"

"Yes, i'm here to report-"

"Please!" Christina plead as tears spurt out of his eyes. "He's going to die!"

Dr. August wasn't going to help him, but looking at the tears in Christina's eyes sucked him right in. He gave her a heartfelt look, then looked back up at the cieling.

"I need an ambulance for two wounded people!" Dr. August continued. "We're on 23rd and Piercing street!"

Almost 3 minutes later, two police cars along with 2 ambulances pulled up to the halway home. When they got there, two medical examiners carried Jayla and Roberto out of the house, placed them into the ambulances, and drove them off to the hospital. As the police taped off the scene, they asked Dr. August a series of questions on what happened. After answering 10 minutes of questions, Dr. August cut the interview short because he wanted to go to the hospital to check up on Jayla. He told them that Ju was the shooter, and they immediately knew who "Ju" was from being ran through the system. So as he left for the hospital, the police decided to go out on a lookout for him.

When they got to the hospital 10 minutes later, Dr. August quickly paced in and walked into the hospital. Instead of waiting, he walked up to the counter and looked at one of the nurses.

"Excuse me sir, but you have to fill out a-"

"No i'm not filling out shit!" Dr. August barked. "I want to know what happened to my friend!"