"Crossroads."

As Numra and Roberto continued to argue, Dr. August walked into the house and looked at the two. Both of them froze, still in their same positions. Numra was on the couch while Roberto stood over her. Christina smiled and ran up to Dr. August, hugging him on his waist.

"DAD!" Christina shouted, clinging onto him as Dr. August hugged her back.

"Chres......what are you doing here?" Numra asked in a worried tone.

"Is he hurting you, Numra?" Dr. August asked, giving him a grim look.

"No he's...............he's not.." Numra lied.

"Is he is, you can tell-"

"Look, right now isn't a good time!" Roberto barked at him.

"I think that it IS a good time." Dr. August barked back, stepping inches into his face.

"Guys! Guys!" Numra said as she jumped up to split the two apart. "It's......it's okay! Chresanto, it's fine. We were just having a little moment, that's all."

Dr. August didn't believe a word of it. However, he knew that Numra would tell him if she was in trouble or not. Dr. August looked the man angrily in his eyes, then sniffed as he backed up and walked towards the door.

"Christina, i'm gonna pick you up one of these days and we can go get an ice cream." Dr. August smiled. "Alright?"

"Okay!" Christina cheered.

"Numra, you call me if you need anything." Dr. August said in a serious tone. "ANYTHING."

"I will." Numra sighed.

Dr. August looked at the man one more time, then stepped out of the home. Roberto waited until he drove off, then smacked Numra in her face. Christina let out a small weep as Numra flew back onto the couch. Her frizzy hair laid over her face as she watched Roberto inch close to hers.

"If you go off with that man one more time, i'll call your father and have him arrange you for an honor killing. I'll make sure Christina see's it ALL!" Roberto snapped. "Now we don't want that, do we?"

"N-no....." Numra stuttered.

"That's what I thought." Roberto whispered in a chilling tone. "I've cancelled today with the boss and scheduled it for tomorrow. Get ready."

A half hour later, Dr. August arrived back at his hotel. Not being from Iraq, he thought that it would be a place that was nothing but half cornered grocery stores with dust and dirt everywhere. In reality, Iraq looked almost similar to the US. They had nice hotels, nice freeways, and other things that you don't see in the media. After showering in all, Dr. August called Rayan and told him about everything that was going on with him, Numra, and Christina so far. He also told him that they weren't dead all along.

"Yeah man. I just don't trust it. I don't trust him." Dr. August sighed as he laid on his bed by the patio, watching TV. "He seem's a little bit iffy. I just get a bad vibe off of him."

"Go get your daughter and Numra, man!" Rayan said in a loud tone. "You don't know what he could be doing to them."

"It ain't that simple, Ray. We in Iraq!" Dr. August said in an irritated tone. "If I take her and my daughter, he could have a whole bunch of people come after all three of us and kill us all! I'd rather them be alive with him, then to be killed with me. I just gotta think it ou-"

Before Dr. August could finish his sentence, the other line to his phone rang. It was Jayla. Dr. August was more than happy to hear from her.

"This is Jayla on the other line, Ray." Dr. August said. "Hold on."

Dr. August clicked over on the other line, listening to Jayla's TV in the background.