"3rd testiment."

"James...." Christina sighed as she glanced at him. "I don't..."

"I know that I'm fat and all but, I could be a really good boyfriend." James nodded. "If you give me a chance, I promise that I won't let you down. Honest."

"I can't have a boyfriend because my mother would say no." Christina sighed. "I'm sorry."

James sighed and glanced down, placing his cup of pudding on the side.

"Alright." James mumbled in a sad tone.

"We will ALWAYS be close friends, James. You know that." Christina smiled as she placed her pinky finger out. "Pinky promise?"

James smiled back at her and placed his pinky finger with hers, locking it together with her grip.

"Pinky promise." James smiled. "And I'm gonna try to lose as much weight as I can."

The next day, was ANOTHER day of testifying.

Jayla and Dr. August showed up in their suited outfits as always, stepping into the courtroom prepared and ready for whatever was going to be thrown at them. Today, was the turn for the defense to take the stand. After being seated and adjusted, the courtroom doors slammed and shut as the defense prepared to make their case.

"My client, Fredrick Rowes, is NOT a drug embezzler, rapist, or even a "attempted murderer"." The defendant said as he paced back and forth in front of Fredrick. "And in fact, I can prove it to you. Just because he affiliate with many drug dealers, doesn't mean that he's a drug dealer himself. Just because a few women said that they were raped by him, doesn't make that true. And just because he shot Jayla in the chest, doesn't mean that it was murder. It could've been self defense. And I, can prove it to you. I call Jayla to the stand."

Jayla gave Dr. August a shocked look, then slowly stood up to take the stand. As she sat down, the defense took out a few papers along with his clipboard and started asking questions.

"You swear to tell nothing but the truth, so help me god?" The judge said in a serious tone.

"Yes." Jayla nodded as she took her hand off of the bible.

"Jayla Evans, is it true that you attacked my client Fredrick first?" The defense asked.

"Yes, but that was only-"

"I didn't ask you all of that. I asked you a simple yes or no question." The defense attacked. "Did you or did you not attack my client first?"

Jayla gave the defense a vile look. She closed her eyes, slumped her shoulders, then let out a deep sigh.

"Yes." Jayla groaned.

"Okay. That's all I asked." The defense said in a snappy tone. "And is it true that you tried to drown my client after you were shot?"

"Yes?" Jayla answered in a "that was a dumb question" type tone.

"When you seen that my client and Mr. August were having conflict, why didn't you just call the police?" The defense asked.

"Because he was going to shoot my friend!" Jayla snapped. "What the hell else was I supposed to do? Let him get killed?"

"So you were willing to get shot for your friend instead of calling the police and having them resolve the conflict?" The defense asked in a smart tone.

"You're damn right. I'd do all of it the same way." Jayla nodded in a sassy tone as she leaned back and folded her arms. "I don't know how you stick up for your friends, but Chresanto is my closest friend to date. I'd take multiple bullets for him, so move onto the next question."

"And there you have it, Jurors." The defendant said as he pointed to her. "Had she just took the simple step of calling the police, my client wouldn't have had to shoot her in self defense. This, is why my client should be let free. The defense rests."

Jayla felt like she had failed. Her face flushed into shock as she thought of this man being let free. When Jayla stepped off of the stand and glanced at Fredrick, he gave her an evil look and blew a kiss to her.

That meant that he was going to wind up killing her. As Jayla and Dr. August stepped out of the courtroom 4 hours later, the media was already swarming everyone who walked out. Jayla and Dr. August quickly ran to the parking lot and paced to their cars to get out of the way of everyone. As Dr. August took a few deep breaths, he glanced at Jayla. She was glancing down at the ground, trying to hold back her tears. However, she wasn't doing a good job at it.

"Jayla?" Dr. August gasped. "What's wrong?"

"I just.......I did so bad up there." Jayla sniffed as she looked up. "What if he gets out of jail?"

"Jayla listen to me. You did an amazing job up on the stand!" Dr. August said in a serious tone. "And he's probably not going to get out of jail. They have too much shit on him, alright? Just go home and get some rest."

"I......I will." Jayla sighed as she got inside of her car. "I'll see you later. Bye, Chres."

"Bye Jayla." Dr. August nodded as he shut the door.

As Dr. August sat inside of his car, he couldn't help but to think about how much he took Jayla for granted. He put her second, pushed her to the side, and forgot her birthday, yet, she would take a bullet for him. She stated that she would take several for him, she would stand up for him in front of a bunch of gang members, stay by his side, and support him as if he didn't do anything wrong. Sometimes he felt like he was using Jayla, but it always seems like he wasn't appreciating her.

Jayla just didn't want their friendship to die down.

After the court date, Dr. August was asked by Numra if he could pick her up from military school. When he arrived, he waited for her by the far end of the parking lot. Waiting for everyone to leave, Numra waited until the lights to the place were shut off before changing out of her costume and flaring her long jet black hair out of the cap, also snatching off the mustache. But one person had interest on pursuing her. Joey. After seeing how beautiful Numra was, he couldn't help himself. He'd never seen a woman who looked so foreign and so beautiful. As he looked for her, he realized that she wasn't inside of the building. He scrunched his eyebrows and made his way outside to glance and see if she was out in the parking lot, and there he seen her.

Numra had cheesed and ran up to Dr. August, kissing him on his lips as Christina jumped out of the car and hugged her mother as well. They missed her. He watched from afar as Dr. August held her by her waist with his right hand, and placed his hand on her pudged stomach with his left one. He was smiling at her, giving off smile conversations.

Joey knew that she was pregnant, but what he didn't know is that she already had a family.

"She has a........family..." Joey thought to himself as he walked to her car. "Damn..."

While all of these good things were happening, things were only getting worse for Fredrick.

Fredrick was escorted back to his cell like he'd been almost every single night. Usually, he'd blow off the testimony's that some of the witnesses were doing. But Jayla's seemed to be the most crucial to the case, which pissed him off even more. She was becoming a pain in the ass, so he had to do something about it.

And he knew exactly how to do it.

The next day, one of the highest gang members in his affiliation who had connections with the ins and outs of the courtrooms. His name was Stephen. Stephen arrived at the local prison and talked to Fredrick through the glass as Fredrick placing up a picture of Jayla. It was a photo of her tilting her head to the side, smiling and showing all of her white teeth to the camera.

"So that's her, huh?" Stephen asked as he looked at the photo.

"Yeah." Fredrick nodded. "This tramp continues to sway the jury with her damn mouth! I was hoping that you could take her out..."

Stephen glanced at the picture, then grinned as he looked up at Fredrick.

"I'll have her handled sooner than you know it." Stephen smiled. "Your case it set, bro. I got your back."