"Kidnapped."

Back in Iraq . . .

"Numra, wake up." Roberto demanded, shaking her in their bed. "It's time. Go get dressed."

Not wanting to anger her husband, Numra shot right up out of bed. She walked to Christina's bedroom and woke her up, telling her to brush her teeth and to get dressed. While Christina got ready, Numra walked into her bathroom and shut the door. She washed her face and brushed her teeth, placing her lipstick onto her lips afterwards. She stepped out into her room, watching Roberto scoff at her while he wore his suit.

"What are you missing, Numra?" Roberto scoffed at her.

"I don't know?" Numra scoffed back, placing her arms out. "You're the one who told me to wear this outfit?"

Roberto's surprised face scrunched into a slightly angry one, scaring Numra a little.

"Are you getting smart with me, Numra?" Roberto asked in a strict tone. "Because that's what it sounds like?"

"No, I was just-"

"Then go put on some damn make-up!" Roberto barked as he pointed to the door. "Right now!"

Without hesitation, Numra walked into the bathroom and fixed herself up. She took a deep breath, grabbed her brush, and rubbed it inside of her brush to coat it with light green make-up. She placed mascara on her eyelids and a little bit of brush. She stepped out and watched Roberto nod his head as a clarification, then scurry out of the room. Numra watched Christina walk into the room with her dark brown and sleeveless dress. Christina wasn't developed yet, so she had no chest for support. Numra sat down on the bed and let Christina sit in a stool in her lap so that she could do her hair.

"Again, mom?" Christina whined as she slugged her shoulders, allowing Numra to fix up her hair.

"Yes, Christina. Again." Numra sighed as she brushed her hair back and fixed it into a sock bun. "It'll be over soon."

"Why does he make us do this almost every other day?" Christina complained. "Is it even right?"

"It isn't but.........it's how we make our money." Numra sighed as she finished putting her hair in a bun. "Now let's just get through this long day."

A half an hour later, Roberto's business men arrived at the home. It was three big men, all indian as well as Roberto and Numra's race. They all grabbed their cigars and lit them up while they sat in their living rooms, glancing outside at the window that showed their large back yard. Meanwhile, Numra sat down at the table, waiting to do her job like she always did during this moment.

A maid. At each of these things, they

"Sweet pea, make us some cognac." Roberto said in a demanding tone. "And make it hasty."

Numra grabbed her large tray with the small cups of cognac, filled them up halfway, then walked them over to the men. She placed the tray in the middle of the room on the coffee table, watching them all take a cup off of the center and take a sip. Roberto kissed Numra on the cheek, watching her give off a fake smile.

"Anything else?" Numra smiled.

"No, but we're going to want some dinner for later." Roberto smiled back. "Make us a nice cantina bowl with some hard shells sweety."

"Alright." Numra cheered as she strut off into the kitchen.

Numra didn't feel like it. It took forever, but she knew not to get in line in front of his friends. If she disobeyed him once, she could get taken off the scene in the blink of an eye. She walked into their upper part of the kitchen and took out the corn along with the other ingredients. There, is when she seen Christina getting ready to walk into the kitchen. Numra quickly placed her hand out and shook her head at her in a silent form.