"Toll on your Body."

"Uh.........." Jayla froze. "I just....I just wan't to forget about what happened about that shooting."

"I just want to help get this guy out of the streets before he hurts someone else." The attorney said. "There's a lot of people who wouldn't survive a gunshot wound to the chest like you did. That's why we need your help."

That was a good point. Jayla let out a frustrated sigh, then closed her eyes.

"I guess i'll..........testify." Jayla sighed. "Just promise that you'll get me in the witness protection program."

"I promise i'll get you into the highest program possible." The attorney said in an excited tone. "The trial starts in a week, so show up at the courtroom around 8:00am sharp that day. Okay?"

"Yes." Jayla nodded.

As Jayla hung up, she felt like she was about to shit bricks. She was testifying against a gang member. She had no in's and outs on how a gang worked because she never was apart of one, so it was pretty scary on her part. Jayla frantically dialed Dr. August's phone, but he didn't pick up the phone. She knew that he was at work. Jayla dialed it again hoping for an answer, but he still didn't pick up. She let out a frustrated growl and waited until his voicemail came intact.

"It's Chres. Leave a message." The voicemail said.

*BEEP*

"Chres, it's me, Jayla." Jayla panted as she ran her fingers frantically through her hair. "Listen uh, the guy who shot me is going on trial tomorrow for some other crime along with mine and i'm going to testify. I'm scared shitless because I didn't realize that this son of a bitch was in a gang! It's scaring the living hell out of me because I don't know what they're capable of, so I was hoping that you would testify on the stand with me. Um....call me back as soon as you get this. Bye."

Meanwhile, James mother dropped Christina back at her mothers. When Christina walked in the door, she noticed that everyone except for her father was there. Numra was giving Athena some medicine as Christina kicked the door shut and dropped her backpack.

"Hi momma." Christina said in persian, looking at her grandmother as well. "Hi grandma."

"Hey sweetheart." Numra sighed.

"مدرسه چطور بود" Athena said, glancing at Christina.

"School was fine." Christina smiled, responding back at her grandmother. "Mom, i'm gonna go start my homewo-"

"Actually Chrissy, I wanted to talk to you." Numra sighed. "Come over here and sit down."

Christina slipped her shoes off and walked over to the couch, sitting down and glancing at Numra. Numra looked down to avoid getting choked up, also looking at her mother as well.

"And this is to you too, mother." Numra said in a bummed tone, talking in their language. "Now Chrissy, you know how I go to army school everyday right?"

"Yeah?"

"Well, i'm going to be leaving soon." Numra said in a hurt tone. "I'm going to be leaving for the army in 2 months, and i'll be gone for 4 years."

Both Christina and Athena froze. Athena's eyes widened as Christina's eyes immediately started to flood with tears.

"Why?" Christina said in a loud tone, not wiping the tears that streamed down her face.

"Don't be so alarmed, Chrissy." Numra said in a soft tone, trying to comfort her by leaning forward and placing her hands onto her lap. "I can talk to you through webcam, phone, camera's, and everything else on daddy's computer!"