"Spit it out!"

Numra was in a state of blur. A REAL blur. Instead of hanging out any longer with the men, she decided to leave and go home. She wanted to spend a lot more time with her mother and daughter. When she arrived at the hotel, she seen Christina eating a sandwich while her grandmother laid in bed.

"Hey mom!" Christina cheered. "I seen James at the park today."

"That's good, sweety." Numra said, putting on a fake smile and kissing her on the cheek. "How are you, mama?"

"Still sick." Athena said in Persian, coughing and sitting on the couch. "How's school?"

"It's fine." Numra asked in a concerned tone. "Mother, do you need any medication?"

"No, sweetheart." Athena sighed. "I have some."

"Are you sure that you don't want any different one's?" Numra asked again. "I figured you would since these aren't working as much."

"It's okay, Numra." Athena coughed and smiled. "Thanks dear."

With that, Numra took a long shower and prepared for bed. By now, Christina had missed a week of school. Numra had to figure out a way to take care of her grandmother, but she wasn't sure how. In the middle of the night, Numra heard some more coughing. It was 2:41am. She lifted up and seen her mother, leaned forward and coughing heavily and harder in her bed. Numra turned on the lamp and looked at her mother. She was sweating all over. Numra lunged up and grabbed some ice out of the small freezer, placing it on her head.

"Mother!" Numra whispered loudly to avoid waking Christina up. "Are you okay?"

"Oi......." Athena groaned. "I...I feel......."

Numra grabbed some NyQuil and put a little into some orange juice, then gave some to her.

"Here." Numra said. "Drink this."

After drinking the medicine with orange juice, Numra opened her mothers mouth and sprayed the inside of her mouth with some more medicine. This wouldn't help the HIV, but it would sure help the coughing or the moment. Numra waited until her mother drifted off into a deep sleep 7 minutes later, then sat in the chair.

She realized that enough was enough. It was time to call Dr. August.

"Hello?" Dr. August answered, picking up her call.

"Chresanto, I give in. Okay?" Numra said in a depressed tone, rubbing her eyes. "My mothers sick and.......can me, her, and Chrissy come back over? We're really-"

"I don't need an explanation. The answer is yes." Dr. August said in a serious tone. "I'll have the beds ready for you, your mom, and Christina. Okay?"

"Thank you." Numra sighed as she began to pack. "We should be over there in no more than an hour."

"Alright."

While Numra packed Christina and her mothers things, she told the front lady at the desk that she'd be leaving for good. After spending 35 minutes packing everything in the room, Numra woke both of them up once the taxi van arrived.

"Chrissy, wake up." Numra said in a low tone as her mother walked her suitcase out of the room. "We're going to daddy's house."

"Kay."

While Christina and her grandmother slept in the back of the taxi van, Numra sat in the front seat. Thinking. She laid her head on the window and watched outside, staring at the cars roll by as the taxi driver drove. She was thinking about the army, Christina, her mother, everything. She was wondering what she was going to do. Staying back with Christina and her mother was almost mandatory, but she had no job and no money. Going to the army has been her life's dream and ensured that she would get good money for Christina in the future, but that meant that she wouldn't be able to see her daughter until she was 14. She had a lot riding on her shoulders, so she had to figure out what she was going to do.