"Moving on..."

As Numra helped her mother Athena to bed, she sat and waited for her to go to sleep before sighing in a depressed form. Afterwards, she left her room and shut the door behind her, glancing back into the living room. Suddenly, she seen Dr. August step inside with a goofy grin on his face.

"What's so funny?" Numra chuckled.

"That picture that you sent me of me and Jayla was so hot." Dr. August sighed as he sat his bags on the table. "Seriously. That shit is my screensaver."

"Chres, can I talk to you really quick?" Numra said as she sat down at the table that was feet away from Jayla.

"Sure." Dr. August said as he sat down. "What's the problem?"

Numra took a deep breath, then glanced at him.

"I spoke to my relatives for the first time in 2 decades." Numra said in a serious tone. "I just got off the phone with my grandfather."

"Seriously?" Dr. August smiled. "That's nice!"

"Yeah but.......my grandparents are dealing with some health issues. Also, I miss my family like crazy." Numra mumbled. "I was thinking about.......going back and living in Iraq to be with them. They mean the most to me."

"What about Christina?" Dr. August asked. "What about the baby? What about Roberto?"

"I wanted to leave the kids here because I wanted them to have a normal life, and I got sources from my relatives telling me that Roberto doesn't live there anymore." Numra replied. "I talked on the phone."

"Oh." Dr. August replied in a hurt tone.

"But, I was hoping that you would come with me!" Numra smiled. "That way, we won't have to be too far away from each other. Right?"

"That sounds splendid Numra, but I can't just leave here. This is where my relatives stay.." Dr. August groaned. "It isn't as easy as that sounds."

"Well, would you be okay with the kids staying with you?" Numra asked. "Or do you think that's a little too much for you."

"I don't want to keep the kids away from you, Numra."

"Well I don't want to leave the children away from you either, Chresanto." Numra sighed. "I've already done it for 9 years! I can't afford to do that to you."

Dr. August sat there, stroking his chin as he thought of something in his mind.

"What if we both keep one child each?" Dr. August asked in a serious tone. "Then we have them visit each other once a month?"

"That........that actually sounds great." Numra cheered. "Thanks, Chresanto!"

"You're welcome."

Numra sat there and stared at him, then placed her hand down on top of his hand continued to look down.

"You're not upset with me wanting to go back?" Numra asked.

"Absolutely not." Dr. August smiled in a serious tone. "If its for your family, do it. Just know that.....I'm gonna miss you."

"Chres, I'll be back to visit." Numra said in a serious tone. "Just don't break it to Christina yet, okay?"

"I won't."

Dr. August grinned at her and made his way to his room to release some stress towards himself. All he wanted to do was to stay in the US and start a family, but it wasn't working out like he planned. For some reason, Numra always had to leave out of the state and go somewhere. But if it was for her family, he was willing to let it go.