"It doesn't get any easier..."

When Numra arrived at the school the next day, she sat down next to James and Jackie like she always did. Soon after she sat down, she seen the commander stand up and smile at the class. He set his file down, then took a deep breath.

"I have news that's gonna get you guys rowdy today!" The commander cheered. "Do you want to hear it?"

"Yes!" Everyone including Numra smiled.

"Guess who's going to the army in 2 days?" The commander cheered. "You are!"

In that instant, everyone jumped out of their seats and started going wild. They'd never been any happier. However Numra, Numra froze. As she got bumped around a little in the moshpit of men, she raised her hand through the crowd and glanced at him.

"Chief, how did you manage to get us in the army a month earlier?" Numra asked as she glanced at him.

"The highest commander of the navy came and checked out the recent grades of this classroom, and they declared us ready!" The commander smiled as he looked at everyone. "Pack as much of your things as you can, boys! We're leaving in 48 hours."

It took everything in Numra to not to drop down onto the floor and break down then and there. She only had 48 hours to spend with Christina and Chresanto before leaving for them for the next 4 years. Meanwhile, Dr. August drove up to the hospital to check up on Jayla and Roberto's condition. Roberto was still in critical condition, but Jayla was stable. The doctors told him that she was doing fine. They allowed him to visit her in her hospital room, but only for a short amount of time because she was going to need surgery to take the bullet out of her back.

When he walked inside, he seen Jayla laying in the bed with her eyes closed. She had on a breathing mask. As he pulled up a chair next to her bed, he watched Jayla creek her eyes open and glance at him. She could barely open them. When he glanced at her for a few more seconds, he watched her slowly reach up and take her breathing mask off. Her small mouth stated cracked open as she glanced at him, watching him crack a small smile.

"Rayan came............he visit me this morning..." Jayla said in a slow and raspy tone. Her voice was almost unrecognizable.

"How do you feel?" Dr. August asked.

"Like shit........." Jayla responded a few seconds as they both laughed. "My whole entire back hurts..."

Dr. August smiled and placed his hand on top of hers, looking at her. Her voice was so hoarse and raspy that it almost sounded like she was trying to whisper out loud. She was still weak from the bullet.

"I just wanted to thank you for taking a bullet for me. Again." Dr. August said. "But Jayla, you don't have to-"

"Aaah ahh ahh, Chres. I told you that i'd take as many bullets as I could for you." Jayla said in her hoarse voice, placing her hand up and squinting her eyes from the pain of moving her back a little. "I meant it, so there's no need to thank me. That's what a real friend is supposed to do.."

"Jayla, it's time for your surgery." Her lady nurse smiled as she walked in on their conversation.

"Oh. Well I uh.....I guess I better get out of here." Dr. August said as he stood up. "I hope you pull through, Jayla."

"I hope so too, asshole." Jayla winked, still keeping her eyes half open. "Get out of here..."

As Dr. August left the hopsital, he felt nothing but bad for Jayla. The fact that he wasn't giving anything to Jayla in return made it feel like he was using her of some sort. It didn't feel comfortable for her not to be mad or angry. It felt.........weird.