"Ratted Out."

Jayla dialed Dr. August's phone number and crouched as she sat naked in the corner of the bathroom, locking the door and hovering over the phone. Tears of fear filled her eyes as she started panting heavily, glancing up at the door.

"Hello?" Dr. August answered.

"Chres." Jayla whispered. "Can you hear me?"

"I can hear you." Dr. August said. "What's up?"

"There's someone in my house." Jayla panted as tears streamed down her face. "I think that someone's here to rape me or something. Please come over and help me!"

"Wha........what are you talking about, Jayla?" Dr. August asked in a confused tone.

"I was taking a shower and someone shut off my electricity through my power box, followed by slamming my door." Jayla whispered, crying even harder. "Please come over and help me. I'm so scared! I didn't want to call the police because they'll inform the rest of those gang members where I live."

"I'll be right over there." Dr. August said as he hung up the phone.

As Dr. August hung up the phone, Jayla rambled through her bathroom cabinets and grabbed the nearest item she could. A screwdriver. She placed the towel on her body and slowly opened the door, creeping out into the hallway. She knew that someone in her house because everything wasn't left in the place that she had it. As she turned the corner, she seen a gang member pointing a gun directly at her.

Jayla quickly dropped to the ground as the first shot rang out in the house. Jayla heard the vase shatter from the bullet as she ran back into the bathroom. He fired two more shots at the door as Jayla crouched down onto the floor, waiting next to the door.

"Come on out, tramp!" The man barked on the other side. "That's for testifying against my nigga! Come out!"

"You stupid fuck!" Jayla barked as he sat against the wall. "Your friend shot me! What the hell else was I supposed to do?"

The man didn't say anything. Jayla sat against the wall that was right by the door, waiting for him to come inside. Suddenly, she heard the doorknob blast and shatter next to her. When he kicked in the door, Jayla raised her screwdriver and jabbed it into his side. The masked gang member shouted in pain as Jayla scurried out of the bathroom, trying to get away. Out of nowhere, the man grabbed her and tackled her to the ground. Jayla on the other hand, wasn't going down without a fight. They wrestled with the gun as he pointed it inched away from her mouth, watching the fear and tears in her eyes.

Out if nowhere, a loud blast from somewhere else. It was Dr. August. She heard 3 more shots come from the door as the gunman backed up and started running out of the back door. He kept on shooting his way as the gunman exited the way that he came in. He jumped out of the window as Dr. August fired two more shots, then threw his gun down onto the floor. Jayla jumped right up and gave him the tightest hug, bawling her eyes out. He'd never seen her so frightened and so unstable before. She cried extremely loud and dramatic, unable to stop weeping on his shoulder. Dr. August hugged her back, allowing her to cry onto his shoulder.

"Thank you.." Jayla cried. "Thank you so much."

"You're not staying here tonight." Dr. August said in a strict tone. "You're coming with me."

Dr. August stayed with Jayla as she threw on some pajamas, packed a small bag, and made her way with him to his house. 20 minutes later, they arrived at his home towards midnight.

"Be silent. Christina's asleep for school tomorrow." Dr. August whispered as they walked. "Numra's mother is also asleep as well."

As Dr. August shut the door, he seen Numra walk into the hallway. She was already informed that he would be going to help Jayla.