"On her plate..."

Numra froze. Her eyes widened at Christina as her words settled into her mind. Numra dropped her bags and looked down at her shirt, lifting it up. She couldn't see anything but a small pudge, which looked like her original stomach.

"H-how do you know?" Numra asked in a nervous tone. "My stomach looks the exact same!"

"Call the doctor, mom!" Christina gasped. "He said that your tests came back positive for a fetus!"

Numra still didn't believe it. She was in denial. She stepped back into her home and rambled through her bag, finding a pregnancy test box that she grabbed from the doctor. She left the front door open and shut the bathroom door behind her to take the test. Christina shut the door and waited for 5 minutes, when Numra looked at the stick. 2 lines = positive. She glanced down at her stick, then looked back at Christina in confusion.

"But I don't understa......" Numra paused as she shook her head. "Why didn't I know this before? I hadn't......"

"What are you gonna do, mom?" Christina asked.

"I don't have a choice. I'm gonna have to abort it." Numra sighed as she plopped down onto the couch. "I can barely support me, you, and grandma. There's no way I can support a second child......"

"You mean, I can't have a brother or sister?" Christina asked in a saddened tone.

Numra looked at Christina, watching her wait for an answer.

"You want one?" Numra asked.

"Yeah!" Christina smiled. "It'll be cool!"

"I'll have to see, dear. Mom doesn't have any money." Numra sighed as she covered her face. "For now, I'm gonna have to go and visit the doctor to make sure that everything's okay. Alright?"

"Kay."

Numra called into her school and said that it was an emergency, which is why she couldn't come. All Numra was worried about is her child. She dressed in one of her regular sundresses and drove to her doctor that had been taking care of her since she was 3. When she got there, she was called into the room 10 minutes later to hear her results. However, Numra was nervous. She hadn't been acting like a pregnant woman, so the baby could be harmed in the process.

"So Mrs. Numra, how have the pregnancy thing been?" Her doctor smiled as she held her clipboard.

"I didn't even know..." Numra said in a dazed state, staring off into space. "I had no clue that I was........pregnant."

"Well, what about when we talked on the phone and I gave you the news?" The doctor asked.

"That was my daughter." Numra sighed. "At least, my first daughter...."

"When's the last time you had sex, Numra?" The doctor asked.

"2 nights ago."

"Before then?" The doctor asked.

Numra thought long and hard. She thought about when her and Dr. August had "make up sex", then close her eyes.

"A month ago...." Numra mumbled.

"And were you protected?"

"No." Numra answered. "I don't use protection with him because I hope to marrrrrr....."

Numra paused. She wasn't supposed to spit that out. She looked up at her, then looked back down at the floor.

"I just......don't feel obligated to use protection with him." Numra groaned in a low tone, shaking her head and changing the sentence.

"Well when you two do have sex, always remember the last date so that when things like this happen, you won't forget." The doctor nodded. "You don't want to go through that same incident when you came here a the age of 15, do you?"