Chapter 43...

Daytime passed and night approached as the sky darkened. showing the stars shining bright, along with the temperature dropping. Sitting under the covers, on your bed, with the laptop resting upon your lap, you were just trying to stay warm, as you searched site after site for information for your essay, which was due Monday. But you couldn’t help but keep getting distracted. Distracted by the cars driving past, by the crickets outside, distracted by every little movement or noise that was being made. But out of all of this, there was one thing that distracted you like no other, it was the sound of someone walking around outside, but you kept your focus on the words covering the screen of your laptop.

Your attention soon was taking away as a light tapping sound was coming from outside, turning your head you saw small pieces of rocks being thrown up onto the roof, as if they were being aimed for the window. “What the heck is going on?” you asked yourself as you picked your laptop off your lap and gently placed it on the bed, the rocks continued to be thrown. Slowly you got up to your knees, to see if you could see anyone out there, but from what you could see there was no one, but the tapping continued. Carefully you opened your window and waited, making sure no more rocks would be thrown. Then slowly you stuck your head out the window, standing in the driveway below, was none other than Scotty McCreery.

“Scotty?” you asked in a confused tone “come down here” he said smiling up at you “why?” you asked, leaning your elbows on the windowsill. “just come down” was all he said  “no, you come up here” you jokingly said, while smiling at him, “alright” he walked over to the ladder and began to climb it “what are you doing?” you asked “i’m coming up” he said almost reaching the top “no, no, thats okay, i’ll come down there” “alright then, if you insist” he said laughing as he hopped off the ladder and landing firmly on the ground.

Pulling your head back into the room, you slowly closed the window, making a light thud as the two connected. Then climbing off the edge of the bed, you grabbed your sweatshirt, which was resting on your dresser, and quickly slipped your arms through, then zipped it up as you walked out of your bedroom door. The hallway was dark, as you made your way down it. You had yet to know if your parents were a sleep or were still awake, but either way you knew you needed to be quiet.

Reaching the staircase a few short seconds later, you stopped and took a peek over the banister, finding your mom sitting on the couch while your dad was reclined in the lazy boy, both were indulged into whatever was playing on the tv screen before them. Looking away, you had to think for a minute, “okay i can either just try to walk out the front door without them seeing, or i can tell them im going to look at the christmas lights..” you whispered too yourself, as you slowly paced back and forth. Finally stopped at the edge of the stairs “plan A, it is” you said taking each step with care, trying to make the littlest amount of noise as possible. Every few steps, you would take your eyes away from your feet and look up at your parents, but they never looked away from the TV.

i think i can actually get away with this” you thought, as soon as your feet had reached the first story of the house. Taking a few more steps to the door, you put your hand out and grabbed the door knob, and slowly began to turn it “where do you think your going?” you heard from behind you. Letting go of the knob, you spun around and found both your parents standing there, arms crossed, and stern look upon their faces “oh, umm, i was, umm, i was going to look at the Christmas lights, yep thats what i was going to do” you said slurring the words “the lights aren’t even on” your dad said, giving you a strange look “oh well, if i go out there, can you turn them on for me? I want to go out there before their on” you said in a fake eager tone “sure hun, go ahead, i’ll turn them on in a moment” your father said as he walked away and back into the living room. Looking away from him, your mom was still standing there, she took a few steps closer “i know whats really going on, but its are little secret” she whispered softly into your ear, then gave you a quick hug and walked back into the living room. A confused, yet relieved expression appeared on your face as you turned around and grabbed the knob once again, you gave it a twist and the door opened, easily.