Chapter 27...

The creaking sound of your door woke you up, the next morning. Slowly you rolled over and found your mom leaning against the door frame “time to wake up sweetheart” she said in a calming voice, “mhm” you mumbled to her as you climbed out of bed, standing there for a moment you stretched out your limbs and then began to get ready, as your mom quietly left the room.

Looking at yourself in the mirror one last time, you smiled to yourself, then turned around and walked out of the room. Stopping down the hallway, you looked over the banister down into the living room, but saw no Scotty insight. Frowning slightly, you made your way slowly down the stairs, and headed for the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen you slowly stopped as you saw Scotty sitting there at the table, with his back towards you, talking to your parents. “morning honey” your dad said looking at you, “morning” you said in a tired voice, Scotty turned around and looked at you then, he sent a smile towards your direction “morning” he said “morning, Scotty” you said taking a seat next to him. “did you sleep alright?” you asked Scotty as you began pouring yourself a cup of juice “yeah, i did” he said smiling at you then taking a bite of his breakfast.

Minutes later you both had finished breakfast and there was still about half an hour till you had to leave for school. “do you wanna go now?” Scotty asked you “but school isnt for a half an hour?” you asked “i know but, i thought we could possibly just go for a quick drive before school” Scotty with a smile, thinking for a moment, you went over and grabbed your back pack out of the corner of the room “okay lets go country boy” you said opening the front door, he laughed slightly and walked out the door, you followed right behind him. Walking over to the truck, Scotty & you got in and he slowly pulled out of the driveway.

Ten minutes later you were on the back roads, listening to music and singing at the top of your lungs. Out of the corner of your eye you could see Scotty smiling at you the whole time, but you re-framed yourself from blushing, just keeping your eyes on the road. Josh Turner’s song, your man, came on then and you looked over at Scotty with a smile on your face, he looked at you and began to sing, “baby lock them doors and turn the lights down low…” he sang in the deepest voice he could possibly pull off, you burst out laughing when he did so, but also smiled at him “what?” he asked laughing with you “nothing!” you said looking away, still laughing a bit, Scotty just shook his head slightly and kept singing.

Moments later Scotty pulled over to the side of the road, you could tell he wanted to talk to you about something. But you really werent sure of what. “you okay?’ you asked, taking his eyes off the road he looked at you “yeah its just..” he trailed off, looking back at the road “its just what?” you asked “its just, last night when i felt like something was wrong with you, i really knew something was wrong, as soon i met you outside, i saw how tensed you looked and how you had a bit of sadness in your eyes, im still trying to figure out what was wrong” “i don’t even know what was wrong, but how’d you know something was wrong?” “all i know is that one moment i was sound asleep, and the next i was wide awake and i looked out my window and saw you laying there tossing and turning in your bed, thats when i picked up the phone and texted you” he said rubbing the back of his neck “oh..” you trailed off looking out the window, “well i guess that means were meant to be” you said, not meaning for it to be out loud “what?” scotty asked, you quickly turned your head towards him “i mean as friends” you said trying to make it less awkward “oh, yeah right, guess so” he said with a cheeky smile on his face “alright now lets get a move on, were gonna be late for school” you said turning the radio up “alright alright” scotty laughed as he pulled away and began driving back.

The day had carried on, it was the same normal routine throughout the school day.

Finally it was the last class of the day, you were just doodling in your notebook when the bell finally rang. Getting up out of your seat you headed out of the classroom and down the hallway towards your locker. As you reached it you began putting your combination in, as you watched people pass you by. As soon as you opened your locker you shoved your books inside and grabbed your jacket out of it, closing it you found Scotty standing there leaning against a locker next to yours “hey” you said shoving your arms through the sleaves of you jacket then zipping it up “hey, ready to go?” he asked smiling at you, you just nodded and began to walk down the hallway.

Walking out of the school and through the parking lot, you were almost to the truck when you heard someone call your name. Turning around you found one of your friends running over towards you “yeah?” you asked her as soon as she reached you “me & the other girls were wondering if you wanted to come to a sleep over?” she asked you “when?” you asked “its on friday”  she said smiling “oh yeah sure, text me where and everything, i gotta go bye!” you said waving to her “later!” she said calling behind her shoulder as she walked away.

Getting into Scotty’s truck he gave you a look “what?” you asked “nothing” he said with a slight laugh as he turned the key in the ignition and drove out of the parking lot and out of the school.