Chapter 135: Epilogue

Scotty’s POV

Screams bounced off the walls, as the adoration of fans young and old radiated throughout the room. 

Sweat glistened on his forehead and cheeks, from the bright lights beaming down on him, while he swung his microphone in a circular motion above his head. 

He carried himself across the stage confidently, as he pointed at a fan here and there, all while that heart breaking smile was set firmly into place. He pulled his microphone down, so it was barely touching his lips and he stood in the center of the stage, as the last chords of the guitar were played. Then with a deep breath he belted out a simple “THANK YOU NASHVILLE, YOU’VE ALL BE AN AMAZING AUDIENCE TONIGHT, DRIVE SAVE AND HAVE A GOOD ONE” and with that the arena turned pitch black. 

His name was soon being chanted from everyone in the arena. It made the room vibrate in an unfamiliar way, and soon enough the spot light was scolding down upon him once more as he stared out to the eyes of strangers who cared for him most, the McCreerians. 

He loved nothing more than this. 

-

He was slowly pulled from the darkness and into the world of the awaken. With sweat layering his body he rolled out from under the covers, only to have his extended grasp meet with the empty space that occupied the rest of the king sized bed. His fingers clung to the sheet that was pressed against the mattress, for a mere moment before he released and pushed himself up into a sitting position. 

Rubbing his hand through his curls he blinked slowly, licking his lips as he looked around the room. It was then that he realized how early it was, with his room being coaxed in darkness and the clock just inching at three in the morning. 

Nudging himself to the edge of the bed, he swung his feet off the side till they were pressed firmly against the hard wood floor, then with a simple push he was on his feet, standing in the midst of the room. Throwing his arms into the air as he arched his back and went on the tips of his toes, he let out an almost unnatural groan before falling back into his original position and then slowly making his way out of the room. 

With tiredness still consuming him, he slowly padded his way down the staircase, his feet lightly brushing against the carpet that cascaded down the wooden steps. Once he entered into the living room a meek smile surfaced onto his lips as he noticed the young woman sprawled out across the couch, in the humble light of the lap resting in the corner. There draped down her chest, resting securely in her arms, was a small infant, who’s eyes were laid to rest, and tiny fist gripping vulnerably onto the fabric of the young woman’s t-shirt.  

With few padded steps he was by their side and after a few seconds of unaware staring, he scooped the baby up out of his wife’s arms. Cradling the baby in his arms he began to step towards the stairs, as she began to whimper and wiggle in his grip. It was a race against time, trying to get his precious little girl up to her crib before she’d fully awake and let out her almost ear piercing cries. 

Scotty slowly began to rock her in his arms, as he flicked on the bed room light, once he stepped through the doorframe, to reveal the pink princess themed room. 

Walking towards the crib he maneuvered her so she was no longer being cradled in his arms, but instead feet pressed against his bare chest as his arms held her, Scotty watched as she began to whine, eyelids squeezing together just before opening, to reveal the vibrant blue irises. 

Scotty smiled sheepishly as he stared down at the tired little body in his arms. “I love you this big, so much bigger than I ever dreamed my heart ever would, I love you this big, and I’d write your name in stars across the sky, if I could, I would” With his deep voice beginning to calm her, Scotty began to slowly lower her into the crib, placing her down amongst the array of stuffed animals. Her eyes slowly began to droop as Scotty pulled the thin, comfortable blanket up to her chest. Then slowly he leaned over the side and pressed a sweet kiss against her forehead, and her eyes easily closed. “good night, baby girl” he whispered as he slowly backed out of the room. 

He waited at the door frame for a moment, making sure she was actually asleep, but then he flicked the light off, causing the little night light to release a dim glow into the room, then he turned around, leaving the bedroom door open, and soon enough headed down the hall once again.

 Reaching the living room once more that night, Scotty silently made his way to the couch. Kneeling down, he grabbed her left hand, that had been resting at her side, and he began to run his fingers along hers as he watched her face shift at his touch. Once he reached her ring finger however he slowly traced the silver wedding band that encircled itself around her finger. He smiled to himself for a moment, before he set her hand back by her side. Standing up, only slightly, he leaned towards her and slid his arms underneath her, then he scooped her up and cradled her against his chest, as he did so once before with his daughter. 

Making his way up the stairs he couldn’t help but stare at her calm face, as she stayed still in his arms. It was like she was his own sleeping beauty. 

Walking into the bedroom he placed her down on the king size bed and climbed in next to her. A soft tired groan slipped past her lips as she twisted in the sheets, now facing Scotty without even realizing it. Kneeling on one elbow, Scotty slowly lifted his hand up and gently caressed her cheek, slowly moving his fingers till they were under her chin. With an almost guilty smile, he tipped her chin up before his lips lightly pressed against hers. Then he pulled away a few moments later and watched as her eyes slowly opened, revealing her to be awake. 

“where’s-” she began “I put her to bed” Scotty had answered her question before she could fully ask it. She smiled a genuinely, yet tired, smile. “thank you” she whispered, as she slowly moved closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her, “it’s my duty as a dad now” he said quietly, receiving a giggle from her.

They laid their in silence for a moment. Scotty’s eyes traced over every aspect of her face. “hmm?” she questioned, too tired to form words. Scotty gave an almost apologetic smile, as he slowly moved in closer to her, their chests now almost touching. “You’re just so beautiful” he murmured. She seemingly pushed herself closer to him, then gently pressed her forehead against his. “thank you” she whispered. He was now consumed by her scent and the love in her eyes, and unable to control himself he pulled her in for a lingering kiss. As he pulled away he watched her as she laid there, eyes till closed, almost asleep. Her breathing began to slow, so Scotty slowly pulled away, but her hand reached out, grabbing him around the waist, not allowing him to move. ”don’t let me go” she mumbled, which set a smirk on his lips, “never” he said tightening his grip around her waist.  

“I love you Scotty” she softly spoke a mere moment later.  “I love you too” Scotty said closing his eyes, and slowly falling back into the darkness.

The world Scotty lived in was an unfamiliar, unrealistic place to most, but for him, it was his normal. 

He had loved nothing more than this…except for (yourname).

The End.

________

I just want to thank you all for reading this. It took me from October 2011-June 2013 to write, so i hope the writing got better as you guys read chapter through chapter, love you all so much! And let me know what you think!!! (: