Chapter 63...

‘I’m sorry (yourname) Callie and I are just so happy together, Sorry for making you think i liked you enough for me not to like anyone else.” Scotty said, arms wrapped around Callie. “but, but, but” was all that came out of your mouth, as your vision blurred when the tears began to appear on the brims of your eyes “sorry cousin, but i told ya he’d be mine” Callie said, clinging to Scotty, you stood there silent, not knowing what else to say, not knowing how to win Scotty back. Scotty then turned to Callie “i love you, Callie” Scotty said “i love you too” she whispered to him, as they both leaned in and were just inches from kissing.

A scream slipped past your lips, as you rolled off your bed. Opening your eyes for the first time, you pushed the blankets away, and took a look around the dimly lit room, “it was all a dream, thank you lord” you whispered. Sweat rested on your forehead, neck, chest and anywhere else imaginable, rubbing it away, you climbed up onto your bed and took a better glance around the room, finding Ashley, Alana and Rachel sound asleep. Looking over at Callie’s bed, she was no where in sight. “guess i better go find Callie, before she does something stupid” you whispered as you climbed off the opposite side of your bed, and began to rummage through your temporary dresser draws.

Pulling the laces together, on your sneaker, making a knot, you dropped your foot down onto the ground and got up off the bed, and began to make your way out of the room. “Where are you going?” you heard a sleepy voice from behind you ask, turning around, you found Ashley McCreery, sitting up in her bed and rubbing her eyes. “what do you mean?” you asked confused, as you walked back into the room “havent you noticed what time it is?” she said, pointing to the clock. For the first time that morning, you looked at the clock ‘9:32 am’. “well, Callie isn’t in here and i gott make sure she isn’t” you began to say, but couldnt find the right words “stealing your man?” Ashley asked “umm yeah, lets go with that” you laughed, slowly backig out of the room “well you go get her than! good luck!” Ashley said, falling back againt the sheets. “thanks” you called behind yourself, as you ran out of the room.

Walking into the kitchen, you found your Aunt Erin sitting at the table, drinking a cup of coffee, with a few of the other family members. You looked around the room, no Callie in sight. “hun?” your aunt suddenly said “huh?” you asked, putting your full attention on her “what are you looking for?” she asked, giving you a slight smile “oh umm uh” was all you could say “Callie and Scotty, I’m guessing?” she said, the other aunts in the room began to quietly talk amongst themselves “h-how did you know?” you whispered to her, as you walked over to her “oh well i know that Callie is going after Scotty” she said, but before you could ask her how she knew that she answered the question for you “i introduced the two yesterday, lets just say she took a fancy to him instantly” she laughed “and what about Scotty?” you asked “oh he was friendly to her, but not sharing the same feeling as she was” she said, taking another sip of her coffee as you let out a sigh of relief “now the guys are outside, including Scotty, there playing a game of football, and yes Callie is out there watching, now go stop that” your aunt said pointing to the back door “thanks Aunt Erin, but one more question” you said, she looked at you waiting for you to continue “why are you helping me, i mean were all family” you said, looking down at the ground “The first time you and Scotty took one step into this house, i could sense how much you both like each other, and i dont want that relationship to mess up” she said, a warm smile appearing on her face, you just stood there smiling “what are you waiting for, go out there and stop Callie just in case if she is doing anything!” your aunt said shooing you away, you ran off and out the backdoor.

Stepping outside, you took a deep breath, as you looked around. The temperature was a little too warm, for December weather, but in today’s situation you didn’t mind, as you quietly made your way down the porch. A smile appeared on your face, as you found your cousin, Callie, sitting on the porch steps starring out into the field, where the guys were playing, or what it looked like just finished playing, football. One team was gloating at the other team and shouting and hollering with joy, while the other team on the other hand were just having those ‘whatever’ attitudes. But out of all the guys down there, you instantly found Scotty, he was just laughing with the guys who had won “okay fellas, let head inside” one of your uncles called, all the guys then headed for the house.