Chapter 101...

The moonlight poured in through the slit between the two curtains, shining brightly on your face. With an annoyed groan, you rolled over onto your back, now being able to stare at the plain ceiling, resting protectively above your head.

You had been laying there for over half an hour, trying in every way to fall asleep, but nothing worked. Your mind was set on two things. One, tomorrow being the first day of your Senior year. ‘Senior year’ you thought ‘I’m not ready for this, it came to fast, i’m not ready for any of it’. And two, Scotty. You hadn’t talked to him in a few days, and you felt foolish for doing so, but yet you also felt like it was the right thing to do.

You tried not to think of either, but your mind just kept going back to it.

On nights like this you would’ve already called Scotty, in hopes of finding reassurance, but you shot that idea out of the sky in the first five minutes of laying there. You were resisting the urge to reach over, grab your phone, and dial that memorized ten digit number.

You rolled over onto your side, then soon enough you were back on your back, starring up at the plainness of your ceiling. 

‘school, school, senior, school, senior, Scotty, Scotty, Scotty, Scotty, Scotty’ was racing through your mind now. “THAT’S IT!” you yelled, as you sat up in your bed and grabbed your phone, quickly dialing his number.

The rings felt like they were never gonna stop. Each one grew longer, louder, as if that was the only sound in the world.

“Hey it’s Scotty, sorry i couldn’t get to y’all, just leave your name and number and i’ll get back to ya as soon as i can, bye” his deep voice rang through, followed by a beep. “of course” you whispered, as you pressed the end button.

Throwing your phone at the end of your bed, you pushed the curtains away, allowing moon light to fill the room. Piling up your pillows, you leaned back on them and just starred out at the starry night sky, as you wiped away the tears that you barely realized had formed. 

I love you this big, eyes have never seen this big, no ones ever dreamed this big…’ played off your phone. You sat up, and quickly grabbed your phone, pressing the accept button and placing it to your ear.

“hello?” you asked “hi, (yourname)” he softly said. You could tell he had just woken up, his voice was tired, slow, and he softly yawned. “Scotty” you said quietly “yeah?” he asked, a little more awake now. “i need you” you said, voice thick with tears. “I’m here for you, I always will be” he softly said. You blinked through the tears, a smile forming on your face.

-

You rolled over on your side, eyes wide open, just as the sun was reaching it’s highest point on this chilly morning.

You had barely gotten any sleep after ending your call with Scotty last night, and now you had been awake for over an hour, with having half an hour left till you actually had to get up.

Slowly sitting up, you ran your hands through your hair, as you blinked your tired eyes. The sound of an engine coming to life had caused you to whip your head towards the window. Looking out, you found Mr. McCreery pulling out of his driveway, heading on his way to work. You smiled a weak smile, then finally decided it was time to get ready.

Climbing out of bed, you walked across your room and quietly pushed open your door. You stepped out and made your way down the hall and into the bathroom.

Shutting the door behind you, you turned and faced the mirror. The face in the mirror starring back at you, didn’t look like you.

There were bags under their eyes, colored with a light purple. Their lips looked chapped, and their hair was tangled in a mess.