Chapter 114...

It felt as if someone was repeatedly kicking you in the stomach, all while twisting your organs around. This pain had awoken you, and now had you laying in the fetal position under the covers. You tried pushing the pain to the back of your mind, as best as you could. But before you knew it you were tossing the blankets away, revealing your bare skin to the cold, and sprinting towards the bathroom.

You fell to your knees at the front of the toilet, just as your stomach began to heave in and out. The gagging sound coming from you echoed throughout the bathroom, and soon enough your stomach had began to empty it’s contents into the bowl of the toilet. Your stomach continued to heave in and out as more and more discharged from your body. 

Slowly your stomach stopped heaving, and you spit out as much of whatever was left in your mouth. Sitting up, you flushed the toilet. “well you certainly aren’t going to school today" you turned at the sound of her voice. 

Your mom took a step into the bathroom, she grabbed the cup on the edge of the sink and filled it with water from the sink. “here, take a sip then spit it into the sink, it will help get the acid out of your mom" she said, knealing down towards you. You nodded, taking the cup, and soon sipped in some water, swishing it around your mouth. You slowly stood up and spit it into the sink. “come on lets get you back to bed, we’re gonna need to turn that alarm off" she said, wrapping an arm around your weak body, and pushing you in the direction of your room.

Climbing back into the bed, she pulled the covers back on you, tucking you in. She then leaned down and kissed your forehead. “get some rest sweetheart" she whispered, as she stood up. “mom" you softly whispered. “hmm?" she asked, “can you some how let Scotty know i’m not going to school?" you asked, in a feeble voice. “sure thing, dear, i’ll let him know" she said, just as she walked out of the room.

-

Sun light danced in through the cracks in between the curtains. Pulling your blankets closer to you, you rolled over, facing the opposite direction of the window. You were exhausted, but in the sick state, not in the state of being able to sleep. 

After trying countless times to fall back asleep, you gave up and climbed. slowly, out of bed. Pulling the top comforter off the bed, you wrapped it snugly around your body and made your way out of the room.

After, ever so slowly, walking down the stairs, you sluggishly made your way onto the couch, and curled up like a caterpillar in your comforter. 

Pulling your hand out of the tight blanket, you reached out towards the coffee table for the remote. And just as your fingers were about to grasp a hold of it, the front door burst open, causing you to jump slightly and fall off the couch.

"I’M HOMEEEEEEEEEE!" your sister’s familiar voice blared throughout the main part of the house, causing your head to pound. Sitting up slowly, you watched as she walked into the living room. “oh hey there cute stuff! What are you doing home from school?" she asked, tilting her head, as she took a seat in the recliner. " I’m sick" you said, pulling yourself back onto the couch.

"ALANA!!!! I thought you weren’t coming home until Christmas Eve?" your dad called as he walked into the room. Alana got up out of the seat, and walked over, giving him a hug. “well my professor canceled our last class that we were suppose to have, so i decided to come home early!" she shrugged, as she pulled away from the hug. “that’s great! Now i have someone to come Christmas Tree shopping with today!" he said, smile wide on his face. 

"Dad!" you called out, he looked towards you. “i thought we were gonna go tomorrow?" you asked. A frown formed on his face, as he stepped towards you. “i know bud, but you’re sick and i don’t think you’ll get better any time soon." he said, as he grabbed a blanket off the side of the couch and wrapped that around you. “i promise to bring you back something, okay?" he asked, you nodded, even though you were still upset.