Chapter 5...

The next week and a half flew by, ever since the whole thing happened with Ricky, Scotty in a way has been a little bit more protective around ya. He’d meet you at your locker and sometimes walked you to class.

It was Friday, the end of the school day. You were at your locker, but for some weird reason Scotty wasn’t. He always met you there, even before the whole Ricky thing. You looked around and then saw Scotty walked towards ya, with the little petite brunette haired girl, from the baseball game, cling to his arm. You looked away a little bit hurt, but didnt want anyone to see. Out of the corner of your eye you could see Scotty stop at his locker “will you please let go of my arm now?” he asked the girl, she let go and gave him the puppy dog face “come on, please go to prom with me?” “I can’t” “and why not?” “because i already have a date” Scotty said, slowly you turned around thinking of who his date could be. “who?” she asked “it’s a surprise” “is it her?” she asked as she nudged her head towards you “maybe.” Scotty said looking at her, then sorta towards you. You slightly smiled but just pretended like you werent paying attention as you grabbed your books out of your locker. The girl crossed her arms and just turned around and walked away then, Scotty closed his locker and made his way over you, “so whos your date?” you asked closing your locker “no one actually” he laughed “you sure know how to chase them away scotty” you laughed, “sure do, now lets get you know, you probably gotta hurry and get ready for prom tonight” he said with a smile “maybe, if i even go” you said as you two walked out of the school “well im sorry but if im going then your going too” he said with a smile “i’ll think about it” you laughed as you got into his truck, he just laughed as he got in and you two drove away from the school.

As soon as you walked through your front door you mom walked over to you excitedly “honey theres a little suprise upstairs for you” she said “really?” you asked, she nodded her head quickly, you quickly ran upstairs to your room. As you opened the door your mouth dropped as you found the most beautiful dress you have ever seen on your bed, you picked it up and held it against your body, and examined yourself in the mirror. Your mom walked into the room then “you like it honey?” she asked, you set the dress down and ran to her, giving her a hug “i love it! Thank you so much” you said squeezing her tightly “youre welcome honey, now start getting ready you only have 5 hours until prom!” your mom said excitedly “alright alright! wait… how did you know i was going to prom?” “well, umm Judy was telling me how Scotty was trying to figure out a date to take it prom and she asked what about if he took you and a smile lit up right on his face, and he said what a good idea”, so you know i just assumed!” she said quickly “oh, well thank you mom, so much!!!” you said hugging her once more, she hugged you back then left the room. You were just about ready to start getting ready when your phone went off, you picked it up off your bed and opened the text “that’s a pretty dress you got there, cant wait to see you tonight!” you read the text from Scotty, you jumped on your bed and looked out the window, you saw Scotty sitting on his bed practicing guitar, he looked up and out the window towards you, he smiled at you and then went back to focusing on playing guitar, you slightly laughed, closed your curtains and went back to getting ready.

4 and a half hours later you were done getting ready. Hearing the doorbell ring from downstairs, you walked over to your bedroom door and slightly cracked it open, you looked down stairs and saw your mom answer the door, a huge smile spread across your face as you saw Scotty walked in , wearing his tux. Closing your door quickly you went back over to the mirror and made adjustments to your dress and hair “HONEY SCOTTY’S HERE” you heard your mom yell from the bottom of the stairs. Opening your door, you looked down once more and saw Scotty standing there fixing his cuff, Mr & Mrs. McCreery were standing there talking to your parents “i think Scotty’s nervous” Mr. McCreery said “why would you say that?” your dad asked “because he has that serious nervous look on his face” Mr. McCreery said back, your dad just nodded. “Honey? You coming” your mom called down “yes im coming!” you said as you walked out your bedroom door. Walking to the top of the stairs, you stood there for a moment and smiled at everyone, the parents ‘awed’ as they saw you, but the expression on Scottys face made you smile. He jaw was slightly hanging there, in a good way. As you started walking down the stairs, you saw Mr. McCreery nudge his son and say “you sure got a good one right there Scotty, don’t let her go” Scotty smiled as he watched you walked down the stairs “she’s not mine yet, but i hope to make her mine soon” he whispered as quietly as he possibly could, but you were still able to hear it. Once you reached the bottom of the stairs Scotty walked over towards you “you look beautiful” he said “thank you, you’re looking pretty good yourself” you said with a smile, he just laughed “PICTURE!” your mom yelled, Scotty turned around and you two faced the camera. After about twenty pictures your mom finally let you guys go. He walked you too the truck and opened the door up for you, you got in and he carefully shut the door, then got in on his side.

After about a ten minute drive you guys arrived at the prom, like the gentleman he is, he opened your door for you and led you into the dance, where you meet up with friends and talk for a little bit.

After two hours of dancing, they began playing the last slow song. “come on” Scotty said taking your hand and leading you out of the building “where are we going?” you asked, “you’ll see” he said with a smile. He led you back to the truck and carefully helped you in. Then he got to his side and got in. Scotty began to drive away. Starring out the window, you were trying to figure out where the prom was at. A few miles down the road from where the prom was held, Scotty made a turn, and you found yourself in the school parking lot, right next to the baseball field. “What are we doing here?” you asked. Scotty just smiled to you as he got out of the truck and helped you out. Then he turned the radio up as loud as it could go, a soft ballad fell through the speakers of the truck “wanna dance?” Scotty asked “dance? here?” you question, “i couldnt think of any better place” he said with a smile. You nodded your head, and he led you out onto the field, he placed his hands on your waist and you placed yours on his shoulders. You two swayed there back n forth just starring into each others eyes “you know, there is something i really gotta tell you, but im not sure how to say it” he said worriedly “well if youre not sure how to say it, then save it for when youre ready.” you said with a smile “alright. but hopefully i don’t make a mistake by doing so” “don’t worry, youre not, i promise” you say with a smile as you rest your head on his shoulder as you two continue to sway to the music.