Chapter 56...

“kids, it’s time to go” you heard a voice come from behind you, while you were still hugging Scotty. Turning your head, you saw Mrs. McCreery walk over to you “Judy!” you said, trying to let go of Scotty, who let you go after a minute, and then hugged Mrs. McCreery “hi, darlin, how are you doing?” she asked in her southern twang. “i’m doing much better, now that you guys are back” you said with a smile “well were glad to be back, now come on your mom and dad our waiting out in the car” she said gesturing for you two to come along “mom, do you think she can ride with us?” Scotty suddenly asked, Judy looked from you to Scotty then back to you “sure thing” she said with a smile “now come on, we better get going” she said beginning to walk out of the building “yeah, this suit is getting itchy anyways” Scotty said trying to itch his back, as he followed you and his mom out the front door.

Reaching the house, you quickly unbuckled your seat belt, and pushed open the door. Scotty was already walking to your side of the car, just as you were climbing out. He gently grabbed your hand, and led you to the house.

Walking in through the front door you and Scotty made your way through the house to the kitchen and as you walked into the kitchen, everyone in there was just starring at you “umm are you guys okay?” you asked, worriedly, pulling your hand away from Scotty’s, who just re-grabbed your hand. “oh yeah were fine, hun, but Scotty i have something in Ashley’s room for you and (yourname) can you both go upstairs and get it?” Mrs. McCreery asked, you and Scotty both nodded as you made your way for the stairs.

“I wonder what your mom has for us?” you asked Scotty as you reached the top of the stairs and began heading for Ashley’s room. Scotty just shrugged, as he pushed the door open. Walking into the room, your jaw dropped, seeing your older sister sitting there on the bed, by Ashley McCreery “SISSY!!!!” you screamed, letting go of Scotty’s hand and practically attacking your sister with a hug “haha, (youname), youre acting as if you havent seen me in years” she laughed hugging you back “oops sorry, i just missed you” you said not wanting to let go of her. Looking over, you saw Scotty and Ashley hugging, they were whispering something to each other, but you couldn’t hear any of it.

After what seemed like hours, you finally let go of your sister, as you went to hug Ashley and Scotty went to hug Alana (lets just call you sister that now). “Ashley, i’m so glad youre back, i thought you guys weren’t supposed to be back till tomorrow?” you asked, hugging her “well you know, Scotty and my mom came home tonight, so me and your sister just thought it’d be a great opportunity” she laughed slightly “hmm, good idea” you said laughing with her.

“kids are you ever gonna come down from there?” Mrs. McCreery yelled upstairs. Running out of the room, you and Scotty raced to see who would make it downstairs first, while Ashley & Alana just took there time. “Scotty youre cheating!!!” you yelled, trying to run down the stairs as quickly as possible, “no i’m not! youre just slow” he laughed. “what am i ever gonna do with you kids” Mrs. McCreery laughed, as she ran out of the way so she wouldn’t get hurt, as Scotty reached the bottom of the stair case “Scotty’s a cheater, cheater, cheater!” you began to chant, once you reached the bottom “well dagum, you’re a liar” Scotty laughed, falling into one of the couch cushions. “me? lie? never!” you laughed, falling onto the cushion next to him. He just laughed as he turned the tv on.

Suddenly, Scotty grabbed your hand randomly, and stood up from the couch “what are you doing?” you asked “wanna come outside, with me?” he asked, smile on that baby face of his, you nodded and he carefully pulled you up off the couch. Walking through the kitchen, passed everyone, no one paid any attention to the both of you, as they were indulge in their conversations.

Closing the door behind him, Scott then turned around and led you to the edge of the porch, where he took a seat, you followed behind and sat close to him, as they cold breeze began to nip at your skin. He wrapped his arm around you, to try to keep you warm, you smiled at him in gratitude.

The silence was long, between you two, as you sat out there starring up at the moon “(yourname)?” scotty suddenly asked, you looked at him “yeah?” you asked, you watched as he took a deep breath “can you tell me, what you want to tell me?” he asked, you gave him a confused look for a moment, then it hit you “oh, that thing” you whispered “yeah, that” he said. Taking a deep breath, you slowly removed Scotty’s arm from around you, he gave you a confused look. “Ricky.” was the only thing you could say, Scotty tensed up at that one simple word “what about him?” he asked trying to relax “he’s back” you whispered, Scotty tried keeping come “and he approached me on thursday, he called you a few names and then kissed my cheek” you whispered, Scotty was silent. “are you okay?” you whispered, Scotty looked at you “i’m fine, i’m just wondering how he could treat you so wrong” he whispered “Scotty, it’s nothing, i thought it was something, but can we just forget about it?” you asked, Scotty let out a sigh “i guess, but if he approached you tomorrow, things wont be pleasant” he said putting his arm around you once again “just don’t get hurt, and no fighting” you said “i’ll try” he laughed, jokingly, you lightly hit him, and then went back to looking up at the night time sky.