Chapter 78...

It was now Monday morning. Slowly, you awoke to the little, light, seeping in through your bedroom window. Tossing over in your sheets, you glanced at the clock. It was barely a little past five in the morning. A long yawn came from your mouth, as you sat up in bed, and looked out your window. Pinks, and oranges colored the sky as the sun was just rising, then you looked over towards the familiar neighboring house, and looked into the window across from yours.

Inside, Scotty was laying there, sprawled out in his bed, sound asleep. That’s when it hit you, like a ton of boulders falling from the sky. Your heart sunk deep down inside you, as your breathing began to pick up. That’s when you realized, it was the day Scotty was leaving for the American Idol LIVE shows. Today was the last day you were going to see him and for who knows how long till he gets back.

Pushing the comforter and sheets away from you, goosebumps began to cover your skin as the cool air surrounded you. Your stomach began to heave, you felt like you were going to puke, as you quickly ran for the bathroom.

Ripping your hair back out of your face, you waited, as your gag reflex began to work. You were gagging, but yet, nothing was coming up. Not sure if you should trust this or not, you slowly stood up, with your stomach slowly beginning to stop heaving, and leaned back against the wall. And before you knew it, you were sprawled out on the smooth tiled floor, not willing to move, you just laid there, hoping that nothing would come out of your system.

Grogginess, over came you then. Your eyelids began to droop, as a sudden tiredness weighed in on your mind. You just laid there, not sure if you should try to get up and go back to your bed, or just lay there and wait for someone to come find you.

You decided on the first decision, not wanting to give anyone a sudden fright when they’d walk into the bathroom.

Gripping onto the tub, you wrenched yourself upwards, and soon enough you were on your feet. Taking each step with care, you slowly made your way out of the bathroom, down the hall and back to your room.

Shutting the door behind yourself, you quickly climbed back into your bed and pulled the covers up to your chin. Craning your head, you looked up at the clock and realized it was almost six thirty ‘has all that time really passed?’ you thought, then just shrugged and turned to look out the window.

The oranges and pinks were now brighter than ever as they were surrounded by the different shade of blues, while the sun was almost in full view now.

Inside the house next door, Scotty was still sound asleep in his bed, but he seemed to be handing halfway off the side, this made a smile creep onto your face, as your eyelids slowly closed, and darkness over came you as you were slowly pulled under.

The next thing you knew, you were practically being dragged out of your bed, by your mom. “no! i don’t wanna go!” she yelled “and why not?” your mom asked, tearing away your sheets “because” you said firmly, pulling your sheets back over your head. Crossing her, arms she shook her head then turned her attention towards the window.

A minute later, her arms slowly dropped as she looked down towards you “is that why?” she asked, pointing out towards the window “is what?” you asked, trying to stall her “is the reason why you don’t want to go to school, because so you don’t have to see Scotty on his final day here in Garner?” she asked, sitting down at the end of your bed “n-no” you stuttered out “(full name) that’s not how things work in this house, this is going to come to a stop right now” she said, as she quickly got up and ran out of the room. Starring at the door, you sat there, wondering what she was about to do.

Minutes later you were back to laying down in your bed, head covered by your pillow and blankets pulled up to your chin. But when the door made the slightly creak as it opened, you shot right up and looked over. You furrowed your eyebrows, as you found Scotty standing there, leaning up against the frame. Trying to ignore him, you fell back down, curled up into a tiny ball and shut your eyes so tightly you felt like you’d never open them again.