Chapter 29...

Once Scotty’s pulled into the driveway, you climbed out of the truck “see ya” you said waving to him “see you later” he said winking at you as he walked into his house, a bit confused you just heading for you house. Walking in, you closed the door behind you, your mom came out from the kitchen then and gave you a confused look “i thought you were suppose to be over at (insert friends name) for the night” she asked “i am, i just forgot my bag” you said “how are you getting there then?” she asked, just then you remembered that your dad had already left for work and you had no way to get to your friends house “oh um, Scotty’s giving me a ride” you lied, knowing that if you didnt have a ride your mom wouldnt of let you go, “oh alright, well let me know when your leaving” she said walking back into the kitchen, you just ran upstairs and walked into your room, shutting the door behind you. Heading over towards your window, you looked across and saw Scotty’s bedroom light off, it was way to early for him to go to bed, so he must be downstairs. Not wanting to be rude and ask him for a ride, you just grabbed your duffel bag off your bed and walked out of your room and downstairs “i’m leaving mom, love you!” you yelled “love you too, see you tomorrow” she called from the kitchen “only if i make it through the night” you mumbled to yourself as you stepped out of your house. Looking down your street you saw pitch black “stupid winter night time” you thought as you crossed your arms across your chest and walked down the front porch steps and heading down the street.

It wouldnt take that long to get to your friends house, she lived only a few blocks away, but since it was freezing cold out and dark, it was going to take some time.

About not even half way to your friends house a vehicle pulled up next to the curb beside, you a little freaked out you picked up your pace. “hey (your name) ” you heard a familiar deep voice come from the truck, turning slightly you saw Scotty sitting there in the truck smiling at you “what are you doing here?” you asked “get in” he said. Not wanting your toes and fingers to fall off because of the cold, you quickly got in, not arguing with him, as you buckled your seat belt Scotty drove off down the street. “what are you doing here?” you asked once again “well your mom called my house, asking my mom if i gave you a ride to your friends house and when my mom said no your mom wanted to speak to me, and she asked me if i could go find you, and give you a ride to your friends house” he said “oh, guess she must of looked to see if your truck was gone…” you said looking out the window “did you tell her i was giving you a ride over?” he asked “maybe” you said “you know you could of just asked for a ride, i was heading this way anyways” he said making a right turn “what do you mean?” you asked confused “im going to (insert Scotty’s friends name) house, they live down the street from where your staying” he said looking at you for a moment, then looking away “oh…” you trailed off. The rest of the car ride was silent, Scotty pulled into the driveway, slowly you got out “thanks Scotty” you said before closing the door “no problem” was the last thing your heard before closing the door, turnign to head for the house you heard Scotty call your name. Turning back to face him you gave him a questioning look “i love your sweatshirt” he said with a slight laugh, then pulled out of the driveway and drove down the street. Confused you looked down and realized you were still wearing his sweatshirt, you blushed and then headed for the house.