Chapter 70...

Gusts of wind blew against the window, causing the glass in the frame to rattle. Pulling your blankets up towards your chin, you rolled over, facing the door. Your eyelids were drooping slightly, revealing your tiredness, but no matter what you did, you couldn’t fall back to sleep. It was only six in the morning, you had an hour left to get some sleep, but here you were, awake and mind wandering.

Turning back towards the window, you slowly sat up, a yawn slipped past your lips as you looked out the window. In the quiet house next door, through the second story window, across from yours, you could see the young country crooner as he slipped on his boots and stood up, buttoning his plaid shirt.‘why is he up so early?’ you thought to yourself, as you watched him turn around and head out his bedroom door. Once again, you laid your head down on your soft pillow, as you tried to force yourself to sleep.

Seconds away from having your eyes fall shut, the slamming sound a door brought you back. “i’m never gonna get back to sleep” you said, in a grumpy tone, as you sat back up and looked out the window.

Down in the driveway below, the engine to the McCreery’s family truck was started up, and in side of course was the one and only Scotty McCreery. A confused expression was plastered onto your face as you watched him back out of the driveway and head down the street. “where the heck is that boy going” you said out loud, as you turned to look at your clock, ‘6:45 am Monday’ it read in the lit up blue letters and numbers. Groaning loudly, you fell back against your pillow and pull the blankets over your head “fifteen more minutes of sleep please” you said in a begging tone, as you forced your eyes shut and kept them shut, not willing to open them back up until your alarm goes off.

“Well there’s gone for good and there’s good and gone and there’s gone with the long before it” came through the clock speakers as the digits changed. Pushing the blankets slowly away from your face, you looked out the window and Scotty still wasn’t back yet. Folding the blankets away, you climbed out of bed and headed for the bathroom.

“why can’t i just stay home” you whispered as you walked back into your room. Yawning for a long moment, you began to look through your dresser and quickly grabbed the most comfiest clothes you could find, then you quickly slipped them on. Sitting down on your bed, you picked up your sneakers and slipped your feet into them and quickly tied the laces. Looking up from your shoes and towards the clock you realized you had a good half hour to kill, so you just fell onto your bed and looked out the window. Scotty still wasn’t back, and your curiosity was killing you.

Eyes fully closed, you were cuddled up against your blankets, being halfway asleep. Suddenly the sound of a horn being repeatedly honked brought you back to life, causing you to see right up. Rubbing your eyes you grabbed your phone and pressed the home button, the screen lit up, bright in your face. Squinting your eyes, you realized you had one new message. Opening it up you began to read it.

“come on slow poke, up and at em, come outside!”

Of course, it was from Scotty. Yawning, you looked at the clock on your night stand, as you shoved your phone into your pocket, and realized it was only a quarter past seven, still early. But you just got up, picked up your back pack, and headed out of your room.

“Scotty wants me to go early, i’ll see you later, love you” you yelled once reaching the bottom step. Hearing that, i love you too, you opened the front door and stepped outside.

Walking down the steps, your eyes were met with a pair of bright blue eyes, from that baby face country crooner. “morning” you mumbled in a sleepy voice “morning” Scotty said, after he laughed for a second.

Climbing into the truck, you shut the door and buckled your seat belt. “i hate monday’s” you said, as you rested your head against the window, closing your eyes. “well would this make it better?” Scotty asked, reaching into the back seat. Sitting up you looked at him curiously, as you watched him pull up a brown bag and placed it on your lap. You looked down at it for a moment, but then looked up at him for a second “well open it” he said, smiling spreading across his face. Listening to what he said, you opened the bag and inside were some chocolate and glazed Krispy Kreme donuts. “Scotty, you sure know how to brighten up a girls day, thank you” you said, placing the bag in between you too “no problem, now hand me one of those glazed ones” he said, smile as big as Texas spread across his face. Reaching into the bag, you grabbed out one of the glazed ones and handed it to him, he thank you and then went right to digging in, letting out a laugh, you reached int he bag once more and grabbed a donut for yourself then went right to eating it.