Chapter 83...

Thursday, May 12th 2011

“Three stools sit on the far side of the stage, reserved for your top three. After the nation wide vote, the first person to make it into the top three, is” Ryan paused for a moment “the pride, of Rosseville, Georgia” he continued,  “Lauren Alaina” he finished, as Lauren’s face went into shock and the audience cheered. ‘Breathe, he’ll make it’ you thought, as you watched Scotty hug Lauren. After these passed few weeks of no communication with Scotty, you were still upset with him, and knew that when he would come home, you’d probably ignore him, but, you still wanted him to make it far, to win American Idol, that’s all you asked for at the moment. 

“Back to the results, alright, to re-cap, Lauren is in, dim the lights here we go” Ryan continued after a commercial break. “Remember there’s been a lot of buzz about how strong the guys have been this season, and after the nation wide vote i can tell you” he began “two girls will be in the top three, this year” he continued, as Haley took a relieved breath “Haley, you are safe” Ryan finished showing her the card. A lump formed in your throat, as you watched Haley hug Scotty and James, then went over to Lauren. Your eyes were now fixated on Scotty standing there, being one of the final two ‘could he actually get eliminated?’ you asked yourself ‘no, no he can’t he has too many fans for that to happen’ you continued, as it went to commercial break. Turning around you looked around the gym, in hopes of finding your parents in the crowd, but there were too many faces. Suddenly you felt someone softly squeeze your hand. Wipping around, you found Kyle starring at you, hand still holding onto yours “it’s going to be okay” he whispered, as he began to let go, but you held on tightly, not wanting him too. It was like he was your anchor, holding you there, when all the worries would try to pull you away. That’s what he was to you these past few weeks, your anchor. 

“James and Scotty stand on this stage, their fate completely up in the air, gentlemen, good luck to you both. Dim the lights here we go.” Ryan spoke, as American idol appeared the screen once more. “After the nation wide vote, the person with the shot at the finale, is” he began to say “Scotty McCreery” he simply said, then the whole room around you when up in chaos. No where else in this world, could be any prouder, then this room right now. “unfortunately, we lose James Durbin” Ryan says, but you can barely hear it over the screaming audience around you, as you and Kyle hugged. Turning back to the screen, you just spotted Scotty hugging James, then they pulled away and Scotty went to the stools.

Being respectful, everyone quieted down, as it began to show James Durbins’ journey.

Then it hit you, Scotty would be back this weekend, for his hometown visit. You gulped down a surplus amount of saliva, that built up in your mouth. Slowly you turned to the guy next to you “Kyle” you softly whispered, he looked at you and raised his eyebrows “Scotty, he’s coming back this weekend” you whispered “i know! Isn’t it great?” he asked, excitedly. Not knowing what to say, you looked down and licked your lips, then looked back up at him “I don’t know” was all you could say.

—-

Saturday, May 14th 2011

Tossing and turning, in your sheets, there was no way you were getting any sleep tonight. Rolling over towards you clock, you saw that it was now 12:30 am, Saturday, the day Scotty would be back in town. ‘he should be home any minute now’ you thought.

Laughter from downstairs, caught your attention then. Sitting up slowly, you pushed your blankets away and climbed out of bed. The streak of light, peering in through the crack of your door, lead your way out of your room.

Grabbing all your hair, you threw it into a high pony tail, as you reached the top of the stair case. The sound of your mothers laughter, ran through the house. Leaning over the banister, you couldn’t see anything, so quietly, you began to make your way down stairs.