Chapter 12...

Days passed by, faster then you wanted them too. It was now July 18th, the day before Scotty was leaving.

Your bedroom door flew open, as you laid there in bed, half asleep. Rolling over, towards the door, you saw Scotty standing there, leaning against the door frame. He began to walk over to you as you sat up, taking a seat on the end of your bed, he smiled at you. Quickly you rubbed your eyes as you took a look at the clock ‘9:oo am’. “Scotty what are you doing here?” “thought we were gonna hang out today?” he asked “we are, but this is way too early!” you said falling back against the bed and pulling the covers over your head. A moment later Scotty pulled the covers away from your face “you know, you look kinda cute in the morning” he said looking at you, you sat up right away “oh really? than- wait, nice try smart guy, but i am not gonna fall for you flattery” you said getting out of bed and heading over towards you mirror “oh i know, but it got you out of bed” he said with a laugh, you just glowered at him and crossed your arms and just stood there. “what?” he asked “im waiting for you to leave my room” “why?” he asked confused “do you really want to hang out with me wearing this?” you asked pointing to your shorts and baggy t-shirt “well like i said before, you look kinda cute, so doesn’t matter, but i’ll be waiting in the living room” he said with a smirk as he walked out the door shutting it behind him. Thankfully he walked out before he could see you blushing the deepest shade of red.

Five minutes later you were dressed and ready to go, you quietly crept out of your room and carefully looked over the railing down into the living room. Scotty was sitting there, relaxing on the couch, talking to your parents about something. He was rubbing his neck, that little nervous thing he does, and there was a light pink color lingering on his cheeks. You smiled at this, but also you were curious of what your parents were saying to him. Suddenly your dad spotted you “ahh there she is” he said pointing up to you, Scotty and your mom turned to look at you, but your eyes were only on Scotty, he was looking up at you and smiling, he stood and turned towards you, you smiled at all of them and then ran down the stairs. “what were you guys talking about?” you asked as you walked over to all of them “nothing” your parents said, you looked at them confused “come on lets go, i promise i’ll bring her back home before midnight!” Scotty said walking over towards the door “Bye dad” you said hugging him “bye mom” you said hugging her, “when i get back you better tell me what you guys were talking about, please?” you whispered in her ear, when you pulled away she smiled at you and nodded her head. Turning around, you walked over towards Scotty and you two left the house.

Hours had past by and all you and Scotty did the whole time was walked around town. You guys just talked, like you usually do. All you really talked about though is how everything would be different if Scotty made it all the way to the LIVE shows and how he would be famous then, he still didnt believe you that he would have a ton of girls fan girling over him but you kept telling him that. Also you talked about how he was going to win, you knew he was, no matter how many people audition or how many people were good singers. Like usual you just had a feeling he was going to win, Scotty was a likeable person, and with his witty charm and good looks and deep country voice, there was no doubt that he wouldnt win.

By then you guys were back at Scotty’s house. “Well that was fun” you said with a smile “we arent done hanging out yet!” he said with a smile, as he hopped into his family truck, you looked at him confused “get in” he said with a smile, you just smiled and hopped into the passenger seat. Then he backed out of the drive way and drove down the street. “what movie do you wanna go see?” he asked “Were going to see a movie?” you asked “yeah” he smiled “but i do not have any money with me” “i’ll pay for you” “alright, but i promise to pay you back” “you dont have to” “but ill feel bad if i dont” “well too bad, lets just say its a gift from me to you” “fine”. “So which movie?” he asked “hmm how about you pick!” you say with a smile “alright how about paranormal activity 3?” he asked pulling into the movie theater parking lot “sure lets go!” you say hopping out of the car, Scotty got out also and you two went up to the booth “two adults for paranormal activity 3” Scotty said “are you both 17?” the woman there asked “yes” Scotty lied “alright here ya go” she said handing you two the tickets. Walking into the theater Scotty led you two, to the front of the theater and you two sat down. “I cant believe she believed you, when you said we were 17” you laughed “i know, i guess its just because of my deep voice” he said making his voice abit deeper, you laughed slightly and then looked at the screen as the previews began to come on “hopefully this isnt too scary for you” scotty whispered into your ear “oh please, i can handle this” you laughed, lying a little bit “well dont worry if you get too scared we can leave early” “nah im gonna be fine” you said looking at the screen. The movie began to play and you sunk into your seat getting ready for it.

Halfway through the movie you were on the bridge of screaming, you were in some sense of a way terrified but you were doing well not showing it. Suddenly the scene where the demon pulled Katie away made you scream, you jumped up along with it and landing practically in Scotty lap. When you opened your eyes you looked at Scotty, he was slightly laughing at you but at the same time rubbing your back, trying to comfort you “sorry” you say as you get back in your seat “its alright” he said with a smile.

Half an hour later the movie was finally over, you were a bit shaken up, but not to bad, you and Scotty walked out of the theater, he had his arm around you, protectively trying to make you feel better. You guys reached the truck and quickly got in. “you sure your okay?” he asked “yeah im fine” “pretty scary for ya?” “psh nah i wasnt scared” “if you werent then why did you jump a foot in the air and landed in my lap?” “oh! i did that didnt i, hmm i guess my body just twitched or something” “sure” he said with a laugh as he turned the car on and pulled out of the parking lot. Scotty and you were at a stop sign, you two were just singing to some country music that was pouring through the speakers. Suddenly someone ran up to your side of the car and banged on the window, “ahhh!” you screamed, Scotty laughed at you. You looked from the man at the window to Scotty then back to the window, realizing it was one of Scotty’s friends, who was cracking up laughing at your reaction. He walked over to Scotty’s side of the truck, Scotty rolled down the window and laughed “hey man!” “hey just wanted to say good luck with the idol thing” “thanks man, see ya!” “later, and bye (your name) sorry for scaring you” “bye” you said crossing your arms and starring out the window. It was finally clear for Scotty to drive once again, so he waved to his friend and drove off.

The rest of the car ride was pretty silent, but after a few minutes you were finally back home. “want me to walk you to the door?” he asked you “i dont wanna go inside yet” you said “well wanna go out back and just talk?” “sure!” you said as you guys got out of the truck and headed for the back yard. It was now atleast 10 at night and pitch black out. Scotty picked up the baseball that was on the ground and threw it at the fence, it brought back memories of prom night, you smiled at that. Scotty turned around and looked at you “what you smiling about?” he asked “oh umm nothing, toss me the ball” you said holding your hands out, he tossed you the ball and you twirled it in your fingers for a moment, before throwing it at the fence.

An hour later Scotty walked you up to your back porch “oh man am i gonna miss ya Scotty boy!” you said hugging him tightly “you still coming to say goodbye to me early in the morning?” he asked “well of course!” “okay good, night (yourname)” he said hugging you tightly “night Scotty” you said with a smile as you pulled out of the hug and walked into the house, you looked out of the window in the kitchen. Scotty was still standing there for a second but then finally walked off the porch and headed for his house.

Walking into the living room you found your mom sitting there watching tv “wheres dad?” you asked “oh hes sleeping already” “oh really? so what were you and Scotty talking about earlier?” “well i’ll tell you what he said to me and your dad, tomorrow, but here, he wanted me to give you this” she said handing you a piece of paper “alright thanks, love you, night” you said taking the paper and giving your mom and a hug.

Running up to your room, you held the piece of paper tightly in your hand, once you reached your room, you looked out the window and saw Scotty practicing his guitar, like usual, he looked up and saw you, waved and then went back to playing. You smiled and then closed your curtains.

Laying down under the covers, ready for bed, you pulled the piece of paper off the night stand by your bed, you started to open it but then stopped. Knowing you should probably wait until Scotty left. Setting it back on the nightstand you then turned towards your window and opened the curtains back up, letting the moonlight pour in, you then cuddled up into your blankets, and soon fell asleep, with the days events playing in your head over and over again.