Chapter 11...

A month of summer vacation had slowly crept by, and it was now July 10. Laying in bed you were thinking about what you should do for the day, it was between hanging out with Scotty or hanging out with your closest girl friends. They were both texting you had the same time, making your decision easier.

bff- … wait never mind go hang out with scotty, we can handle ourselves (:

you- are you sure?

bff- yeah were sure, have fun! But not too much fun ;D

you just laughed at that and then went to text Scotty

you- well looks like i’m hanging with you today!

Scotty- alright! What do you wanna do?

you- baby i don’t care

you typed as you hummed to the song of big green tractor by jason aldean, and without realizing it

scotty- oh so im your baby now?

you- oops, i was typing to big green tractor by jason aldean :D

scotty- sureeee you were, come outside, i’ll be waiting in the truck out front your house.

you- alright

You then put your phonr in your pocket, and headed out of your room, down the stairs and out the door. Just as Scotty said, he was right there. With a smile you walked to the truck and hopped into the passenger seat. “So what are we doing today?” you asked “i was thinking we could just take the back roads, ya know?” he said with a smile “alright sounds fine to me!’ you said buckling your seat belt. Scotty then pulled away from the and began to drive.

Every few seconds as Scotty drove he would look at you out of the corner of his eye. “are you okay?” you asked “yeah im fine why?” “oh i dont know, you just seem a little nervous…” “oh…” he said drifting off. Just shrugging it off you turned on the radio and began to sing along to ‘amazed’ by lonestar “everytime our eyes meet, this feeling inside me..” you heard from beside you, looking over you saw Scotty getting really into the song and closing his eyes for a few seconds “i know your really getting into this song and all, but just dont drive off the road!” you said holding onto your seat belt “hey! im a great driver, i wouldnt drive off the road!” he said laughing “sure. OOOH GO THAT WAY!!!” you said pointing to the side road, Scotty quickly made the turn onto the side road.

After another half hour of driving, Scotty had stopped and got out of the truck. Unbuckling yourself you got out and watched as he hopped into the bed of the truck, holding his hand out towards you. Taking it, you put a foot onto the truck and Scotty pulled you up. Sitting down you both relaxed in the bed under the shady tree. Closing your eyes for a second you took everything in, realizing how great your life actually was. Then you opened your eyes and found Scotty rubbing the back of his neck, he only did that when he was nervous. “Okay Scotty what is wrong? there has to be something!” you said throwing your arms into the air. “well i have a question for you first” he said “and what would that be?” “well how much would you miss me, if i actually did make it on idol, you know to the Live shows?” he asked diverting his eyes “well, i would miss you a ton, but you know what, just as long as i knew you were happy and you were doing something you loved, then i would support you throughout the show, no matter how much i missed you, i wouldnt want you to come back if you have the chance at winning, which i know you do. And no matter what Scotty, you will always be my American idol, even if you dont have a trophy to prove it!” you said with a smile, he gave you a cheeky little smile “well then, what i have to tell you is that, on July 20 i will be gone to audition for idol! I may be gone for one day or two, I’m not sure yet, but thats what i had wanted to tell you” he said with a smile “oh my goodness! so soon? Well you better hang out with me everyday till the day you leave!” you said “but i’ll only be gone for two days” “i dont care thats took long!” “fine but as long as you help me practice!” “alright then looks like were going to be driving around a lot, thats when you sound the best, with no one to control how you sing” you said with a smile “thanks” he said throwing his arm around your shoulder, and pulled you a little bit closer to him. You smiled at this, it felt a little strange but in a good way. Scotty began to softly sing “your man” his audition song, you smiled at this and you relaxed into his arm.