Chapter 98...

“wakey wakey!” you heard a slightly familiar drawl say as a light repeating pressure was felt on your shoulder blade. Taking a deep exhausted breath, you opened your eyes. “finally she’s awake!” you heard once more as your hair was being pushed away from your eyes. Pushing yourself up onto your elbow, you looked at the young girl before you. “what time is it?” you asked, in your morning voice “it’s almost nine am” her Georgia accent rang out, as she smiled at you. “Lauren! Why so early?” you groaned, as you let your head fall back against the pillow. “well, honey, if you’re touring with the idols, you gotta wake up with the idols!” she said grabbing your wrist and dragging you out of your bottom bunk. ‘fine, fine, where are we?” you asked looking around the little area, but not seeing a window in sight. “well we’re on our way to New York, but right now, we’re in Pennsylvania” she said happily, as she directed you to one of the windows. “oh” was all you could say, as you watched the trees pass by. “yeah so get ready, we’ll be making a pit stop soon! and you get to see you Lover!” she said excitedly. “okay, okay!” you said rolling your eyes at her and turning around back to your bunk.

The bus slowly lurched to a stop in the small town. Putting the bus in park and shutting it off, the bus driver got up out of his seat and walked down the steps of the bus. “come on, (yourname)! I bet Scotty’s waiting!” Pia said, grabbing your wrist and pulling you off the bus.

As your feet touched the rocky ground below your feet you looked around. You were in a small parking lot. There was a diner a few feet away from you, along with an auto repair shop next to that. Looking towards your left you found the boys bus sitting there in it’s dead silence, and leaning there next to the door, was that blue eyed boy.

Pushing himself up off the bus he walked over to you, and pulled you into a hug, and lightly kissed your forehead. “how’d ya sleep?” he asked, with a smile on his lips “okay, I guess, woke up a little too early for my liking” you laughed “that’s my girl” he chuckled.

Mrs. McCreery got off the bus then “come on you two! It’s time for breakfast” she said heading towards the diner. Scotty looked away from her and towards you once more. “ready to see what the day of an American Idol finalist is like?” he asked, removing his hands from around your waist and grabbing onto your hand. “i guess so” you laughed, as you both headed for the diner.

-

Sitting in between Scotty and his momma, Judy, you took a sip of your orange juice and looked over towards Scotty, who was scarfing down bites of his pancakes. “oh Scotty, what’s that?” you asked, pointing out the window “huh?” he questioned, as he turned and looked out the streakless glass. With your eyes still on Scotty, your fork made it’s way to his plate, tearing off a piece of his pancakes and stuffing it into your mouth as soon as he turned to look at you. His eyes darted from you, to his pancakes, then back to you “did you just?” he asked pointing to his food. “nu uh” you hummed as you continued chewing your food. “yes you did” he said, setting his fork down and putting his elbows on the table, clasping his fingers together, then moving his fingers so they intertwined. You shook your head no, as you swallowed. “okay, so if you didn’t take a bite of mine, then why is there a bit of whip cream, right there?” he asked swiping the whip cream off your lip, and turning his finger to show you. “oh, well it was from my pancakes of course!” you said, shrugging your shoulders. “(yourname)” he said, with an amused expression on his face “yes?” you asked, innocently. “you don’t have whip cream on your chocolate chip pancakes, I do” he chuckled “ohhhhh! hmm, is that why my plate was so far away? Sorry!” you said turning back to your plate “here, you know, that looks like a bit too much for a girl like you, let me help ya there!” he said breaking off a big chunk of your pancake with his fork. “hey!” you said trying to reach for his fork “ha! you’re not going to get it!” he said holding his fork high in the air. “come on Scotty boy, give the girl back her pancake” James chimed in from across the table “nah, I think she could defend for herself” Scotty laughed, as you continued reaching for it.