Chapter 109...

Scotty’s POV

Adrenaline pumped throughout the veins, stretched out across his body. Jagged deep grunts came from in between his clenched teeth, as he threw quick punches into the empty air. A theme song was laced in his brain as he focused on his main target.

Two words stopped his swinging arms, and caused his feet to walk forward. “Scotty McCreery!". 

His boots clicked against the wood of the stage as his eyes scanned the thousands of eyes focused on him, a smile rose onto his lips. 

He was grateful, truly grateful that such an amount of people would show up for this concert along the side of Lake Benson, to help celebrate his birthday and the release of his debut album, Clear As Day.

-

"Scotty, sweetheart wake up" the soothing words of Mrs. McCreery brought Scotty’s eyes to flutter opening, bringing him from the peacefulness of sleep. Pushing himself onto his elbow, he yawned and looked at his mother, sitting there on the edge of his bed. “happy eighteen birthday!" she cheered, as she pulled him into a hug. His eyes widened slightly, at those words. Eighteen. An age he never expected to reach so soon. 

"thanks momma" he said, as he pushed himself off his elbow and wrapped both arms around her. “alright, now time to get up, you have a big day ahead of you" she said pulling away. He nodded, pushing the blankets off himself and then headed for his dresser. 

"oh you can get dressed later, breakfast is ready, don’t want it to get cold" Mrs. McCreery spoke, as she stood at the door frame. Scotty smiled, and nodded as he followed her out of the room.

Downstairs, Scotty found his father and sister sitting there at the kitchen table, plates of food in front of him. He smiled a them as they each wished him a happy birthday, then he noticed the neatly wrapped presents sitting in the center of the table. 

"what are those?" he asked, nodding his head in the direction of the presents, once he took a seat. “those are from (yourname), you’ll get your presents from us later" Judy said, smiling as she sat down at the head of the table. “oh is she here?" Scotty said, smile wide across his face, as he turned for the door frame to the next room, wondering if he missed his girlfriend on his way to the kitchen. “no, sorry sweetheart, she said she won’t be able to see you till later, so she dropped these off for right now" Judy said, just before picking up her glass of sweet tea. “oh" Scotty said, smile dropping slightly. 

"come on, Scotty, lets see what you got" Mr. McCreery said, pushing the presents towards his son. Scotty instantly picked up the card resting on top, which had ‘Scotty’ with a heart by it, written in (yourname)’s familiar handwriting. He slid his finger under the flap and opened it up. Grasping onto the smooth surface of the card, he pulled it out and smiled at the picture of him and (yourname) on the front. “come on bro, open the inside!" Ashley said, urging him to continue.

He smiled and opened the card. 

‘Woah, okay, sorry but i’m pretty sure i never said you could turn 18 just yet! Now slow down on growing up!!! Kidding! I love you so much Scotty, you have no clue how much of an impact you’ve had on my life, i just want to thank you for being there every step of the way. And i hope that this birthday is incredible. I love you! Happy Birthday! -(yourname)"

He chuckled as he closed the card. “what did it say?" Ashley asked. “oh nothing really, just the usual of her yelling at me" he said, as he pushed the card in Ashley direction. He then turned and picked up the thin present sitting on top, and began to tear at the festive wrapping paper.