Chapter 24...

Scotty’s P.O.V

Slowly opening his eyes, the next morning, he sat up in his bed and removed the covers. He soon climbed out of bed and went over to his bedroom window, and opened the curtain, revealing the sunshine pouring in through his bedroom window. Adjusting his eyes he looked across towards your house and saw you still sound a sleep, he softly smiled to himself then turned around and headed for the hallway.

As soon as he took one step out of his room, the smell of freshly made pancakes surrounded him, quickly he ran down the stairs and made his way into the kitchen, where a stack of pancakes was set on the table. “morning” Mrs. McCreery said to her son as she was turning the stove off, “morning, mom” Scotty said taking a seat at the table and filling his plate of with pancakes “woah slow your roll there, son” Mr. McCreery said walking in from the living room and taking a seat at the table “it’s alright dad, i think i can handle this” Scotty said as he began digging into his pancakes “so what ever happened to you and that one girl over the summer, oh whats her name?” Mr. Mccreery asked “i dont know” Scotty said shoving another piece of pancake into his mouth, “oh come on son, you gotta know” Mr. McCreery said taking a sip of his coffee “i dont know dad…” Scotty trailed off, Ashley walked into the room then, she was home from college for the weekend, “i got this bro” she said taking a seat next to her father “she met another guy” Ashley whispered into his ear “oh, well there are plenty of other girls out there” Mr. McCreery said with a smile “yeah like who?” Scotty asked taking a sip of his own coffee “take (your name) for example” Mrs. McCreery said with a warm hearted smile “like i have a chance..” Scotty mumbled under his breath “What was that?” Mrs. McCreery asked “oh i was just saying im done.” he got up from the table and headed up stairs for his room and just laid there on his bed. Moments later a knock came upon his door. “who is it” he asked “its your sister” Ashley said from the other side “come in” Scotty said, Ashley opened the door then and walked into the room, taking a seat upon her brothers bed. Scotty looked at her, curiously, “i heard what you said downstairs” Ashley said “huh?” scotty asked “i heard you say like i have a chance under your breath” “oh.” “yeah, oh, listen bro, you just gotta tell her, i KNOW she likes you, so just go for it!” “Ash, im a shy guy, you know that, what if she ends up turning me down” Scotty said running his fingers through his hair “hmm im thinking she wont!” Ashley said getting up off the bed and heading for the door “well im thinking i’ll tell her after all this idol stuff” Scotty said getting off his bed and heading for the window, looking outside he saw you sitting there on your porch, talking to your dad while he worked on the car, “do whatever you want, i guess, but goodluck!” Ashley said closing the door as she walked out of the room. “do whatever i want?” Scotty repeated to himself. He then began to get dressed, as soon as he finished he headed out of the house.

Closing the front door behind him, Scotty took a deep breath and headed off the front porch, looking away from your dad you saw Scotty and smiled, Scotty was heading your way. “hey i gotta talk to you about something” Scotty said just a few feet away from you, you stood up and you were just about to walk over towards him when  a car pulled up to the curb, “Scotty!” you both heard, Scotty turned his head and saw his friends, he then walked over to them “so there’s a party down at (add some random friends name) wanna come?” they asked, Scotty looked from them, to you, then back to them “sure” he said, he looked at you and smiled “i’ll talk to you later” Scotty called to you, as he got in the car and then they drove away.

Your P.O.V

Ten minutes had past and you were still outside talking to your dad. “There” your dad said as he stood up and wiped the grease from his hands onto his jeans “you fixed it?” you asked getting off the porch and walking over to him “mhm, wanna go for some ice cream or something?” he asked you “what about mom and (insert sisters name)?” you asked “it’ll be our little secret, come on bud” he said getting into the car, you just shrugged your shoulders and got in the car.

Minutes had past and you two were still driving to an ice cream parlor, just then you passed a house where it looked like there was a party going on, then you spotted a familiar face and realized it was Scotty, and of course he was laughing, you smiled at that. Then you just turned back in your seat and just watched outside the window as you two continued driving.

One hour later you two were driving back home, laughing at how your dad ended up spilling his ice cream all over his shirt, suddenly the car began to slow down “oh no” you heard your dad whisper “i thought you said you fixed it?” you asked looking worried “we just ran out of gas, thats all, stay here, i’ll be right back” he said getting out of the car and walking in the direction of the gas station. Looking around, you realized you were parked right across from the house where the party was at. Crossing your arms you put your feet up on the dash board and got ready to wait.

Five minutes had passed and your dad still wasnt back, it was starting to get a little dark, looking over towards the house you watched as Scotty & some of the other boys were walking out of the house, Scotty looked towards your car, you quickly looked away and just focused on the road ahead of you. Seconds later there was a light tap on your window, looking up you saw Scotty standing there. A little embarrassed you rolled down the window and looked him right in the eyes “are you okay?” he asked “yeah we just ran out of gas” you said shrugging your shoulders slightly “oh, so your dads off getting gas?” “yep” you said, Scotty then began to walk away, a little mad you just rolled your eyes, until you realized he was coming onto the other side of the car. He opened the drivers side door and got in “what are you doing?” you asked “keeping you company, thats what” he said with a smile “oh, well alright” you said smiling back, it was silent for a moment, until there was a loud blast a music coming from the party “so whats that party for exactly?” you asked “in all honesty, i have no clue” he laughed “you’re such a dork scotty” you said jokingly “i’m the dork, you the one with the ice cream stain on your shirt” he said pointing towards you “what, where?” you asked looking down, once you looked down Scotty brought his finger up and slightly hit your nose “gotcha” he laughed “that tricks so old scotty!” you said laughing at him “yeah but you fell for it!” he joked, you guys just continued talking.

Twenty minutes later, your dad came back with a container a of gas, “hey there Scotty” he said, as he walked past Scotty’s window and to the gas gauge, your dad filled it up and Scotty got out of the car “if ya need i can give you a ride home?” you dad asked as he was getting into the car “no thanks Mr.(insert last name) i have a party to get back to, but thanks anyways” he said with a smile, he then waved to you and turned to head back to the party, you sat there a little upset, realizing what Scotty had wanted to talk to you about earlier, he didnt bring up the whole time he was there. “you okay bud?” you dad asked “yeah fine” you said smiling at him, he then turned the car on and you two headed home.