Chapter 20...

2 weeks had past. A little to fast for your liking.

Slowly the sound of your alarm clock beeping awoke you. Rolling over onto your other side, you looked at the clock resting there on the night stand ‘7:05 am’. Pulling the blankets away from your body, you sat up & leaned against the headboard. Taking a look outside the window, you looked next door to the quiet house, into the second story bedroom window, the light was still off in the room & Scotty was still sound asleep in his bed. “Am i really gonna have to wake that boy up” you asked yourself as you reached over towards the night stand and grabbed your cell phone off it, opening it up you went to the contact section, and scrolled all the way down till you found the number, then you pressed the SEND button and placed the phone up to your ear, then you looked back out the window. On the third ring, you watched Scotty roll over and grab his phone, he pressed a button and placed it up to his ear “hello?” he asked “wake up! its the first day of junior year!!!” you said in a fake cheery voice, he slightly laughed in the phone as you saw him look over towards you “alright, meet me outside in fifteen?” he asked you “you bet!” you said as you hung up the phone and headed for the bathroom to get ready.

Ten minutes later you were ready, you walked out of your room, grabbing your phone in the process, and walked downstairs. Walking into the kitchen, you found your parents sitting there at the table eating their breakfast, “morning honey” your dad said to you after taking a sip of his coffee “morning” you say with a smile as you grabbed your jacket off the chair “i got to go, i’ll see you guys later” you said walking out of the kitchen and out the backdoor, grabbing your backpack out of the chair in the corn on the way out.

As you turned the corner of your house, you saw Scotty standing there by the truck “hey” you said walking up to him “hey you read” he said with a smile “i guess” you laughed, walking to the other side of the truck and getting in. As you were buckling your seat belt, Scotty was messing with the radio, and once he found a good song he backed out of the driveway and headed off too school. “so are you excited for this year?” you asked him, trying to fill up the silence “the only things im actually excited for is friday night football games & baseball season” he said with a smile “of course you and your sports!” you said looking out the window as you guys made your way through the busy streets. “hey, hey, hey, i am a man we have our need for sports” “scotty your only 16, your not a man yet, but good try” you laughed, “look who’s talking, i’m older than you” he said with a smug smile on his face “and your point is?” you asked “nevermind” scotty said as he jokingly glowered at you for a second, then focused his eye back on the road. Moments later you pulled into the school parking lot, scotty parked in a spot closest too the school and you two got out of the truck and headed into the school.

The first day of school started out normal, meeting your teachers, learning the rules of the class room, getting papers for your parents to sign, but yet even though most people felt the day was going by fast it felt like it was going by pretty slowly to you. Maybe thats because for the first four classes you hadn’t seen Scotty all day, it was like as if he wasnt even at the school.

You were sitting there, in fourth period, waiting for it to be over with, it felt like it was never going to end. Just as you laid your head down on your hands the bell rang, quickly you jerked your head up, stood up from your desk, grabbed your bag and left the classroom. Walking through the hallways, you were trying to make your way to the cafeteria. The hallways were swarmed with familiar faces, but you were only searching for one. As you walked into the cafeteria you looked around, but saw him no where. So you just walked over to your guys table that you sit at every year and took a seat. The cafeteria began to fill up, and people began to fill your table, you began to strike up some conversations with some friends that you havent seen all summer, just then you spotted Scotty walking through the cafeteria doors, he was walking with most of the “blue crew” members, he walked over towards your table and took a seat at the other end, he looked around the table as if searching for someone, but once his eyes met yours a smile shot across his face. He motioned for you too come over to him, without thinking you just got up and walked to the other end of the table “yeah?’ you asked once you reached hiim “why dont you sit by me?” he asked with a smile as he looked up at you “alright” you said as you took a seat next to him, out of the corner of your eye you saw one of Scotty’s friends give you a little weird, yet friendly smile, you smiled back and then looked at Scotty, who was already looking at you.

The rest of the school day dragged on, making you already wish it was summer again. Scotty was in a few of your classes, but that didnt really help since you guys sat on the opposite sides of the room.

Once the last bell of the day rang, you quickly got out of your seat and walked to you locker. As you were at the end of the hall way, you saw Scotty already standing by your locker, waiting for you, you smiled at this and walked up to him “hey” you said opening your locker “I’m going to hang out with some of the guysl, if ya want i can still give you a ride home?” he asked “oh nah its okay, my sisters coming to get me anyways” you said with a smile, you werent lying or anything, your sister was coming to pick you up, but not this early. “oh alright, well i’ll see ya later?” he asked with a smile “yeah definitely” you said smiling back, he nodded then walked away and met up with his friends, you watched as him and his friends walked out of the school. Then you closed your locker and pulled your cell phone out of your pocket, you dialed a number and waited as it rang. “hell?” the voice on the other line said “hi mom can you ask (insert sisters name) if she could come and get me now?” you asked your mom sweetly “sure thing sweetheart” you mom said, you waited as you heard some talking in the back ground “alright shes on her way”  your mom said coming back to the phone “alright bye love you” you said into the phone “love you too” you heard on the other line, then you closed your phone and walked down the hallway and out of the school.

You were sitting there on the steps of the school waiting for your sister, you could see Scotty & his friends still in the parking lot talking by their trucks. Just then you felt a light tap on your shoulder, you turned around and standing was Ricky. “oh umm hi, Ricky” you said a little nervous “hey girl, how you doing?” he asked talking a seat next to you, you backed away a little bit “I’m fine, how about you” you asked just to be kind “i’m good, now that im with you” he said winking at you “thats nice” you said getting up and walking onto the side walk a little more. Out of the corner of your eye you could see Scotty’s friends pointing over towards you, Scotty turned around and looked at you worriedly, his face got a little mad as Ricky once again walked up by you, Scotty began walking over towards you two. And just then you sister pulled up, “umm bye” you said to ricky as you quickly got in, your sister began to drive away, looking behind you, you saw Scotty standing a few feet away from where you were previously standing, starring at Ricky. “so how was school?” your sister asked “interesting, thats all i can really tell ya” you said as you turned back around in your seat and just looked out the window.