Chapter 54...

Coughing hard, you slowly sat up in bed, half asleep, you were covering your mouth as you looked around the room. It was pitch black now, you could barely see. The only light was coming from your alarm clock, which you briefly looked at ‘6:20 am Friday’. Eventually you stopped coughing, but your throat was dry, quietly you climbed out of bed and walked to your door. Opening it up you stepped out of your room, and made your way through the hall way and very quietly down the stairs.

Walking into the kitchen, you headed straight for the cupboard and grabbed a glass out. Turning the sink on, you filled the glass up to the brim and turned the water off. Carefully you brought the glass up to your lips and began to chug the water down. A movement, from the corner of your eye, caught your attention. Turning, you slowly made your way to the window, where you could see the quiet house next door. The only light was coming from the kitchen, where you could see Mr. McCreery sitting there at the kitchen table, drinking a cup of coffee. He didn’t look his normal self, as he sat there starring at his cell phone, in hand. Setting the cup down on the counter, you grabbed the home phone off the hook and began to dial a number. Still looking at Mr. McCreery you listened as the phone began to ring, Mr. McCreery suddenly looked up from his coffee and towards the other side of the room, he then got up and walked over. You smiled as the voice on the other end of the line answered “hello?” “hi, Mr. McCreery, its (yourname)” you said, walking closer to the window, “(yourname) what are you doing up at this time?” he asked walking back to the table, and starring out the window, seeing you standing there, he smiled slightly. “not sure really, can’t sleep, i guess, now what are you doing up so early?” you asked. He let out a sigh before answering “not sure, guess it’s hard to sleep without Mrs. McCreery here, or Scotty to bug us” he said shrugging his shoulders while letting a laugh slip past his lips “oh, i’m sorry, when are they coming back again?” you asked “Either Tomorrow or Sunday” he said taking a seat at the table, once again. “oh well i can’t wait, well Mr. McCreery i better go catch some some more sleep, nice talking to you” you said, he turned to look at you through the window “yeah you better get some sleep, don’t want you to be too tired for school, and nice talking to you too, bye” he said into the phone “bye” you said and hung up the phone. Setting it back on it’s hook, you turned around and walked out of the kitchen.

Walking back into your room, you let out a small yawn, hopefully being a good sign. Laying down on the bed, you grabbed your phone, which was resting on the pillow, and pressed a button, causing it to come to life.” New Message from: Scotty :)” was written on the screen, just then your heart began to race as you remembered the message you had sent Scotty the day before. “Scotty? I know you may be busy, but there’s something i need tell you…” ran through your mind. Your hands began to slightly shake as you opened the message and began to read it.

“(yourname), I’m never too busy for you, what do you need to tell me?”

You began to type.

It’s Ricky, he’s back”

But as quickly as you wrote it, you quickly erased it and began writing a new one.

“Nevermind, it’s not that important…”

Reading through it once, you quickly sent it and set your phone back down on the pillow.

Starring at the phone, you laid there, not able to sleep, and before you knew it your alarm was going off, letting you know it was time to get ready. Climbing out of bed you began to get ready in a dazed feeling.

It was 7:55 am, when you ran downstairs “I’m ready to go mom” you yelled reaching the bottom “James is out there again” she yelled from the kitchen “okay!” you yelled, pulling Scotty’s sweatshirt over your head. Opening the door, you saw James’ car once again parked out at the curb “this kid is taking the only protecting thing a little too seriously” you mumbled too yourself as you ran down the stairs and too his car. Getting in, you slammed the door shut and buckled up “cutting it close today” he laughed pulling away from the curb “sorry, I just don’t feel like myself today…” you said trailing off as you looked out the window.

“it’s it because of the Ricky thing yesterday?” James asked, breaking the silence that you guys had the whole way to school, you looked away from the window “sorta, but i really don’t wanna talk about it now” you shrugged unbuckling your seat belt “i understand” he said getting out of the car, you got out of the car yourself and headed straight for the school.

Throughout the whole school day, any member of the blue crew would be right next to you, no matter if Ricky was anywhere near you or not, they just had to make sure you were safe. And you were, the only attention you got from Ricky the whole day, was a smile he had flashed you before lunch, but you acted like you hadnt noticed.

It was now the end of the day, you were at your locker and there was at least five members of the blue crew surrounded you, you felt safe with them there. But not as safe as you would feel if Scotty was there by you.

Closing your locker door, you turned around to face the blue crew “guys, listen-” you began, but was cut off “if you say that were too protective, than were sorry but like i told you Scotty wants us to be protective of you” James said, smug smile on his face “well i wasn’t going to say that, what i was going to say was Scotty’s gonna be back this weekend and i just wanted to thank you guys for being here to protective me, it means a lot really” you said with a smile, there was a mumbled amount of your welcomes. James’ then wrapped his arm around you shoulders and quickly pulled you out of the school.

Getting into the car, you turned your phone on, and starred at it “waiting for a text from Scotty?” James suddenly asked while driving away from the school “um yea how did you know?” you asked “your too easy to figure out” he laughed “is that a bad thing?” you asked “no not really, your easy to read, makes it easier for us guys to figure out what you think of us” he laughed again “okay, if so, than what do i think of you?” you asked “hmm, well you used to be a little upset with me, trying to protect you, but recently youve been a bit thankful about it all, so im guessing your okay with me, am i correct?” he asked looking at you for a mere second, you nodded and laughed.

Soon enough James’ pulled into your driveway, you thanked him and quickly got out of the car.

Walking into the house, you ran up to your room, throwing your phone on the bed, you quickly kicked off your shoes. Suddenly your phone when off, your heart began to beat fast. Jumping onto your bed you picked your phone up “New Message from: Scotty :)” you read your heart began to race even faster. “it’s now or never” you whispered to your self, then you opened the message.

“It must be important, since your using those dagum dots. I’ll be back sometime this weekend, you can tell me then, if you want, i’ll see you then.”

You let out a deep breath, as you opened up a new message.

alright, see ya then.”

Then you pressed SEND.